Motorola makes another attempt to rollout Android 4.4 for the DROID MAXX, ULTRA, and Mini
1. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4661; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I thought Verizon does extensive tests for updates. Seems like smoke if devices were getting bricked.
5. Sniggly (Posts: 7199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
No kidding. The Verizon update delay has always smelled of being bogus. Remember how badly they screwed the Nexus program?
Either way, I'm happy to see that Motorola didn't let the bug delay them for too long.
11. trollz (Posts: 33; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
The Verizon "testing period" is to add crapware no one will never use.
10. bwhiting (Posts: 176; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
The soak test was finding more bugs in it than what we thought at first for the new update. That the reason it was pulled from a lot of the device users that had them.
2. aventador00 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Jan 2014)
Is the Droid Mini getting the update as well?
4. Brewski (Posts: 122; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
Mine updated on Dec. 19th and I haven't had any problems so far.
8. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Same with mine. I didn't even realize there was a problem LoL.
6. structureman116 (Posts: 135; Member since: 14 Sep 2010)
I checked for updates this morning on my Mini as I was driving in to work and voila!! It is installing as I type! Helloooooo Kit Kat!!!
7. D_Tech-tive (Posts: 104; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Just got my update early this morning. Gonna factory reset to see how well it works with no apps to interfere with new OS.
9. structureman116 (Posts: 135; Member since: 14 Sep 2010)
I just used the Google Wallet tap to pay at my local McDonalds...effing awesome!!!!! No need for crap ass Isis!!!!
12. NIK01 (Posts: 20; Member since: 29 Apr 2013)
Does the update contain the developer option to change from dalvik to ART????