Maintenance update for the HTC EVO 4G is now available; fixes Netflix issues
Although it didn’t affect all handset owners, some experienced being shut out from streaming movies and television shows with Netflix’s streaming service. Luckily, the fix is now here for the installation and seemingly corrects the problem – thus, getting them back to enjoying their favorite streaming Netflix content on their device. Not stopping there, the maintenance update also addresses problems relating to the handset’s voicemail notification system and hearing aid compatibility.
Therefore, if you haven’t seen that notification hit your handset just yet, then you can always initiate it manually by doing so under the Android settings menu.
source: Sprint via Mobileburn
2. coolsk8rj (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 16:18 0 0
My evo doesnt have the real netflix app in my market does anyone else have this problem?? i jsut got my evo on friday from the nexus and didnt like the reception so i got the evo but my nexus had the app and this doesnt...? anyone know why or can tell me why?? or what i can do to fix it and get the app somehow?
6. paynekiller posted on 20 Jun 2011, 16:54 0 0
I haven't seen it on the market either, I think they hid it from EVO 4Gs or something since the last update and Netflix no longer worked if you did the early update, that's what I read somewhere.
8. coolsk8rj (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 17:06 0 0
ok thank you so then doing the update would be a waste bc there is no netflix to use? and our phone cannot do it from the internet bc the evo is only a 1.0 ghs procesor(possibly spelt wrong) and online you need a 1.2 ghs procesor correct??
13. paynekiller posted on 20 Jun 2011, 17:35 0 0
Well I'm not sure what you are trying to say about the processor.
But you can try this, (I can't know since Netflix is already installed on my phone)
1. Open browser, then press the search button (magnifying glass) and search for "Netflix android market"
2. Once that comes up go all the way to the bottom of the page and click "Classic" view.
Then click on the top result for android market page for Netflix.
3. Once there,find the blue install button and do what it asks.
Let me know if it allows you to download it.
14. coolsk8rj (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 18:05 0 0
yea it worked... jsut you need to go to the link two below the new for netlfix... it says official netflix app arrives in the android market... and scroll down (after you do the survey or jsut clock yes and then use the back arrow and continue to scroll down) and click on the greet neflix below the gallery and it sends you do the link for the netflix app in the market and i downloaded it... but bc the update has not been sent out the video doesnt work... so possibly after the update it will work but do as i wrote you can download the real netflix app if it is not in your market...
15. coolsk8rj (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 18:17 0 0
but now no need to do all that... the app is NOW on the market... my coworker just told me and i jsut looked and its there now...
28. paynekiller posted on 21 Jun 2011, 09:29 0 0
Well I saw it last night with the update option. But now it's gone again since I did the 4.24.x update this morning. And guess, what, Netflix still doesn't work. Says I need to update the app and then it cant find it, endless loop.
3. skymitch89 posted on 20 Jun 2011, 16:25 0 0
Now all of us Evo Shift owners that have been updated to 2.3 need a maintenance update to fix a bug with MMS messages not coming through on 3G network, not sure if they get through on 4G, but I know that they get through on WiFi. (That is the messages not sending and receiving/downloading.)
4. coolsk8rj (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 16:36 0 0
well on my nexus i couldnt send a video message out but on my email i could... but my evo doesnt have a problem now
5. coolsk8rj (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 16:44 1 0
another thought... i keep checking for my update. i dont have an update i was working and my phone made a noise i havent heard before.. did it do the update automaticly or do i have to do it manually ?
7. paynekiller posted on 20 Jun 2011, 16:55 0 0
No it would not do it automatically, only notify you and request your confirmation. If it were to do it automatically that would be a good couple minutes to an hour that your phone would be unusable.
9. coolsk8rj (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 17:07 0 0
ok.. so then i havent not received the update and i keep hitting scan for updates and i havent not been able to do the update.... has your evo been updated already?
10. paynekiller posted on 20 Jun 2011, 17:23 0 0
I haven't seen it either and I've scanned manually about a dozen times today, 3 times since seeing this article and still nothing.
I didn't update to gingerbread til this morning because they said the fix would be out today, so I am updated to 4.22.x but my Netflix stopped working now. What we should be getting is 4.24.x, I just updated because I thought maybe I would have to update to gingerbread first and then get the fix.
11. coolsk8rj (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 17:27 0 0
yea i updated on thursday when i received my exchanged evo from the nexus... and i have been doing the scan all day long atleast every 10 to 30 min... and my coworking in wisconsin hasnt received the update as well... but on his phone he has the real netflix app on his phone... but im not sure tho..
12. C (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 17:29 0 0
I have been manually attempting the update all day and continuously get a message that says "There are no updates available for your phone". A poster at the sprintusers forum stated that he called HTC and the rep there told him there is no update currently available and that HTC would be the ones to announce it if there were. So, who knows? Even though it is all over the net I have yet to see anyone post that they were able to successfully update.
16. coolsk8rj (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 19:10 0 0
anyone get an update yet??
17. wowfactor posted on 20 Jun 2011, 19:36 0 0
i received the update but its not working ,i called a couple of friends they are getting the same results......come on netflix you have to do better than that.
19. warrenellis posted on 20 Jun 2011, 22:20 0 0
its not netflix its htc and sprint not getting their stuff together
18. leefer77 posted on 20 Jun 2011, 21:31 0 0
I've gotten a Netflix update that doesn't work, but no maintenance update from HTC/Sprint. I've manually checked a number of times.
20. zachs (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 22:58 0 0
i just manually checked for the update on my phone and it says that it is up to date and i havent gotten my update yet.... anyone no why? or how to get the update??
21. cindy (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 23:27 0 0
I can't get it on my phone..... It also says there is no new updates
22. kendraling (unregistered) posted on 21 Jun 2011, 00:22 0 0
still havent gotten my update either, tried a prl update because that is what i had to do in order to get gingerbread to begin with still nothing.
23. coolsk8rj (unregistered) posted on 21 Jun 2011, 00:42 0 0
I just got my evo and i have a voicemail that wont go away anyone know about how to get rid of it??
24. jimmons (unregistered) posted on 21 Jun 2011, 01:24 0 0
I couldn't get the update to work either doing it manually. Kept getting the "no new updates" message as well. I turned off the "scheduled check" setting and manually checked again and it worked right away. Give that a shot.
25. gadgets (unregistered) posted on 21 Jun 2011, 05:12 0 0
I just did a manual update and it worked Updating gingerbread software now!!!
26. gadgets (unregistered) posted on 21 Jun 2011, 06:49 0 0
****UPDATE**** NetFlix is FIXED!!!
27. warrenellis posted on 21 Jun 2011, 08:06 0 0
ok i think they should have said the 21st it would roll out because i just checked and got the update. it didnt do anything fantastic to my phone.
29. paynekiller posted on 21 Jun 2011, 09:39 0 0
I got the update this morning, Netflix still doesn't work for me. This gingerbread update has just taken away features for me, namely I can't see my call durations in call history anymore, the print screen app "ShootMe" no longer works and of course Netflix. That's what I know about so far at least.
Sure it has its good perks too like managing my apps is faster, but it also installed more bloatware on my phone like TeleNav which wants me to pay $5 a month for what I already do with Maps.
I think I'm just going to root my phone now, it was a fun year running it stock.
30. Zach (unregistered) posted on 21 Jun 2011, 09:58 0 0
I just got the update and there still isn't any Netflix. In the market. Anyone know how to get it???
31. helix (unregistered) posted on 21 Jun 2011, 14:19 0 0
I was able to get the HTC update this morning. it installed and seems to be running same as before on my EVO 4g. However there is no netflix app in my android market. I can see it if I go in on my PC but not through my phone. also tried the google search suggested above and I get Item not found error. Same error if I go to that blog entry 2 links down and try from there.
32. jetmig (unregistered) posted on 21 Jun 2011, 16:23 0 0
I have HTC EVO and I just downloaded netflix,its working fine now..to all people has netflix to there phone that having a trouble of downloading the new update.I suggest uninstall the netflix and go to 4shared.com download the netflix there and after downloading it open the aps and it will download the new version..
33. siniority (unregistered) posted on 21 Jun 2011, 17:38 0 0
I updated this morning and still no Netflix and now i cant upload from market....could it be that gingerbread was never optimized from the evo....i
34. jetmig (unregistered) posted on 21 Jun 2011, 18:47 0 0
Market doesn't have netflix yet,try to download netflix from 4shered.com after installing it open netflix and new version will update..I have htc evo netflix is working now..
35. Portland65 (unregistered) posted on 26 Jul 2011, 13:56 0 0
I've had netflix for a long time now, I look at movies all day at my desk. When I hit the icon it opens but a message pops up asking to upgrade i just say no because it works okay, not trying to mess anything up. I have an HTC EVO 3g/4g.