Shh… do you want to know a secret? Stay tuned for the next big thing this season. pic.twitter.com/uDE3wDYAzw— Sony Xperia (@sonyxperia) June 2, 2014
Latest Sony image teaser could be showing us the successor to the 6.44'' Xperia Z Ultra
17. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I don't care large beautiful display! Not to mention its water proof no stylist needed. May be next phone after my z1
32. afraaa (Posts: 138; Member since: 23 Oct 2014)
maybe you should consider poor battery life ha ?
24. the_s2 (Posts: 232; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
qHD IPS display(at least 6.6" without increasing phone size), snapdragon 805, a not-so-crappy camera. The 'peefectest' phone I have ever used. Was scared that there wont be a sequel to it!
27. CamaroSS (Posts: 173; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
+1! Camera needs a good bump. Hopefully it is Z2 ultra - not something else.
31. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3639; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I think you mean QHD (2560x1440). qHD is 960x540.
2. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Nice.. ..lets see if they can get this right, and add more than 16gb of internal memory...
28. CamaroSS (Posts: 173; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
It'd probably be called Z2 ultra like the T2 ultra.
5. pwnarena (Posts: 1128; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
they should just create a sleek 7" or 8" tablet with phone capabilities. the z ultra was a big big failure. it only had that erratic pencil input and extreme thinness to brag about.
jdi already has that 7" panel with white magic and localized dimming. that's the perfect display to use for the z ultra series converted to a small tablet line.
18. romeo1 (Posts: 674; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
The z ultra also had the biggest screen with triluminos for mobile. Also it was the first with the s800 and the waterproof ability.
Im not sure how it did in the rest of the world but here in holland it sold better than the expectation as i bought it in the first couple of days it landed here and my brother in law also wanted it and called the next day to all of the big companies here and allot smaller ones and it was sold out everywhere.
All of them also said it went better than expected.
I think sony just wanted to make the phone with the biggest screen and found out that people like big screens more than they've expected.
I for 1 can't wait to see the new one and am hoping on a bit bigger screen but I doubt that will happen
7. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
Could be it be the Z3? Seeing Sony's half a year flagship cycle.
8. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3534; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
No. Z2 is barely available worldwide they wouldn't already tease the next one.
22. drazwy (Posts: 186; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
Yeah probably not. BUT, the z3 will be announced next month even though that is hot on the heels of the z2 release. That puts in 6 months from the previous announcement. It's still barely out there. Consider yourself lucky if you live in a country it's been released in and even luckier to actually purchase it and have it show up.
9. karamelakimo (Posts: 109; Member since: 26 May 2014)
I feel like that it's a mini tablet like 7 or 8 inch
Not a phablet
11. adwienc (Posts: 136; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
C'mon Sony, no one needs another "Big thing". We need another small thing! You know, Z2 Compact would be awesome!
12. FingerMyApple (unregistered)
Too many four eyes droid need to bring enormous device in order to anticipate their short sighteness, too blind to look device below 6 inches, feel sorry to them :)
13. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
The iPhone 6 is not going to have a really big screen, like the gorgeous screen on the Samsung Galaxy S3. Someone showed me one of those Samsungs recently, and I instantly coveted it. Next to the Samsung, my iPhone felt small and old. Given that Apple thinks Samsung has ripped off everything about the Galaxy from the iPhone, I assumed that Apple would want to return the favor and rip off the awesome big Galaxy screen from Samsung. But according to the gadget gods, Apple has decided to just make the iPhone 5 screen slightly taller. And that's annoying. Who cares about having a "taller" screen? I certainly don't want to have to turn the phone to "landscape" view every time I want to look at something.
16. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3688; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
thats one of your very rare senseful comments.
20. RuiBacelar (Posts: 152; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Your butt must be really sored....
Want some apple juice to apply latter this evening???
14. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3688; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Hope they make it 6'' and put a 4000mah+ battery, better camera, and 805 please. Ooh i forgot an active stylus and split screen multitasking. :-)
25. MrTzr (unregistered)
Yes, 6,44" with large bezels is too big. 5,7- 6" with smaller bezels would pe perfect!
15. vuyonc (Posts: 894; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
The Z Ultra was the first ever SD800 phablet. Make the successor the first SD805 please!
19. AstronautJones (Posts: 297; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
So the Sony marketing dept. is stealing material from Samsung now? No matter, its the phones that count.
Interested to see what it is
21. brasstax (Posts: 230; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Yahoo.. If it is indeed the successor to the z ultra. Just hope that if so, they put in a much better camera with flash & actually include software features to make full use of the screen size just like the note. IMO lack of flash & software allowing for multitasking were the only 2 negative points of the z ultra.
Also i dont think even a single mainstream phone has bested the z ultra in overall physical dimensions. Unless you consider the asus fonepad series or the galaxy tab series to be phones :)
26. isprobi (Posts: 525; Member since: 30 May 2011)
They need to add a better camera of at least 13 MP with flash, newer CPU and good stereo speakers. Anything else is icing on the cake for me. I love the stability 44 days and counting since last restart.
29. jb4674 (Posts: 145; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Sony will do a stupid move once more and announce a phone that won't be offered in the US at launch....