Japanese carrier rebels against big phones, intros 'the world's smallest and lightest phone'
As you can tell by the name, the device is the sequel to the Phone Strap first-gen, and the second generation measures a tiny 32 x 70 x 10.7mm, and tips the scale at merely 32 grams.
The device has a 1-inch display and lasts for two hours of talk time, or 12 days on standby. The whole idea is to have it strap to your main phone as a backup device, though, so it is not exactly a standalone gadget. Needless to say, this will be a Japan exclusive.
source: Willcom via The Verge
1. emadshiny posted on 05 Mar 2013, 06:18 6 9
our eyes will be destroyed after using it just for some minutes.
and how can we text with it, even how to find it in our pockets? LOL
5. Topcat488 posted on 05 Mar 2013, 06:30 1 0
The stylus on this thing, would really come in handy. ;)
13. PhoneArenaUser posted on 05 Mar 2013, 12:07 0 0
I think this smartphone is not for humans it is for cats, hamsters, small dogs and other little human brothers. :D
16. OptimusOne posted on 05 Mar 2013, 15:03 1 0
it might heal the eye cancer caused by a 1080p display(if wendy's medical knowledge is up to par)
2. MC1123 posted on 05 Mar 2013, 06:25 6 1
aahhhhh... and this is where the asha and other s40 stands out!
3. Meccalangelo posted on 05 Mar 2013, 06:28 11 0
Yo dawg I heard you like phones....So we made a phone to strap to your phone
17. Igneel posted on 06 Mar 2013, 02:49 0 0
I think this idea is a bit better compare to the one HTC made as a bluetooth accessory for the HTC Butterfly..
6. shadez10 posted on 05 Mar 2013, 07:13 0 0
uhmm... may i introduce the smallest phone in the philippines... the cherry mobile p9..
although i dont know which one is smaller... but check it out... xD
7. ryq24 posted on 05 Mar 2013, 07:34 0 0
What new? Philippine have this kind of phone and it even have wifi tethering option.
8. Andrewtst posted on 05 Mar 2013, 08:32 0 0
That Philippine cherry look much cute than this.
9. ddxmms posted on 05 Mar 2013, 08:41 0 0
the normal sim card is like the half of the hole phone !
yep that's Japan alright.
14. Omarc07 posted on 05 Mar 2013, 14:41 0 0
I want one xp well not the Japanese one I want the cherry mobile one
15. Twisted247 posted on 05 Mar 2013, 14:59 0 0
Their phones match their ....p.e.r.s.onalities? ...hahha!
18. gaby1451 posted on 06 Mar 2013, 04:38 0 0
please tell me that is NOT a front facing camera on the device.
19. akishakoi posted on 06 Mar 2013, 10:19 0 0
Cherry mobile's P9 is a stand alone phone. no need to strap it to whatever.