Japanese carrier rebels against big phones, intros 'the world's smallest and lightest phone'
As you can tell by the name, the device is the sequel to the Phone Strap first-gen, and the second generation measures a tiny 32 x 70 x 10.7mm, and tips the scale at merely 32 grams.
The device has a 1-inch display and lasts for two hours of talk time, or 12 days on standby. The whole idea is to have it strap to your main phone as a backup device, though, so it is not exactly a standalone gadget. Needless to say, this will be a Japan exclusive.
source: Willcom via The Verge
1. emadshiny (Posts: 1085; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
our eyes will be destroyed after using it just for some minutes.
and how can we text with it, even how to find it in our pockets? LOL
5. Topcat488 (Posts: 1037; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
The stylus on this thing, would really come in handy. ;)
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4599; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I think this smartphone is not for humans it is for cats, hamsters, small dogs and other little human brothers. :D
16. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
it might heal the eye cancer caused by a 1080p display(if wendy's medical knowledge is up to par)
2. MC1123 (Posts: 1220; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
aahhhhh... and this is where the asha and other s40 stands out!
3. Meccalangelo (Posts: 8; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Yo dawg I heard you like phones....So we made a phone to strap to your phone
17. Igneel (unregistered)
I think this idea is a bit better compare to the one HTC made as a bluetooth accessory for the HTC Butterfly..
6. shadez10 (Posts: 385; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
uhmm... may i introduce the smallest phone in the philippines... the cherry mobile p9..
although i dont know which one is smaller... but check it out... xD
7. ryq24 (Posts: 441; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
What new? Philippine have this kind of phone and it even have wifi tethering option.
8. Andrewtst (Posts: 251; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
That Philippine cherry look much cute than this.
9. ddxmms (Posts: 141; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
the normal sim card is like the half of the hole phone !
yep that's Japan alright.
10. Kreft (Posts: 81; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
Why does Japan have to do everything so weird.
11. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
My phone can use this as it's phone. Done
14. Omarc07 (Posts: 202; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I want one xp well not the Japanese one I want the cherry mobile one
15. Twisted247 (Posts: 193; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Their phones match their ....p.e.r.s.onalities? ...hahha!
18. gaby1451 (Posts: 111; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
please tell me that is NOT a front facing camera on the device.
19. akishakoi (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Cherry mobile's P9 is a stand alone phone. no need to strap it to whatever.