Is Verizon messing up customer's iPhone 4 pre-orders?
Thank you J!
It appears that he is not alone, as another Verizon customer also recieved the wrong device, and posted a video about it on CNN iReport.
Let us know in the comment section below if you happened to received the wrong iPhone 4 from Verizon.
1. Kevin (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2011, 00:54 0 5
I actually am having issues just getting my phone. UPS tracking info said I was supposed to get it at 10:30 on Monday but that didn't happen and nobody from Verizon or UPS could help much. Finally I got word that the package was in a trailer at the destination but could'nt be delivered yet. The whole thing wasted an entire day for me and hopefully I will get it tomorrow. My UPS tracking info is still saying that it should be delivered on 2/7/11 which is now over. UPS is in everyway a horrible customer service experience and should really try and hire some people that can speak proper english.
3. PapaJay224 posted on 08 Feb 2011, 00:58 3 1
Verizon ships FedEx unless your a UPS worker. Also read your terms on the website, "Existing customer pre-orders will be received on the 10th"
far be it from me to point fingers at you when it isn't your fault....I mean...
24. Fanboys Suck posted on 08 Feb 2011, 12:48 2 0
UPS had issues getting deliveries because of the crazy storms that have happened. And yes, UPS is delivering iPhones just like FedEx... Trust me, I've seen them all week...
26. narley posted on 08 Feb 2011, 13:05 1 0
why would you just lie on a forum? are you attention starved?
2. PapaJay224 posted on 08 Feb 2011, 00:55 3 2
I call bull shit. trying to get famous, chances are if they got the phone like they said they did, Verizon would fix it on the back end, i.e. esn swap or enter the activation manually.
You know its fake when they say, Verizon wont activate it yet cause its not out yet? then how'd you get it?
And if it is a real iPhone 4 for Verizon, why wouldnt they activate it? they sent it to you, they know you have it?
And the KING OF FAKES :
" wait till June cause they're sold out?"
First of all launch is the 10th and theres plenty - Online pre-orders go again on the 9th (how is that june?) 3rd was pre-order for existing customers ONLY, how do you get a brand new number if your existing customer on the 7th, when the phone doesnt ship until the 8th or 9th? You mean to tell me she isn't on your plan already? How long have you two been married? Oh long enough to share a webcast?
When was the last time you saw a his and hers webcast about phones? The last time a couple tried to get famous for being lame.
Now before you slander me, I think its TOTALLY possible to botch a launch of an iconic device, but this is far from botching, this is an ESN mix up, the box not matching the phone doesnt hinder activation 1 iota.
4. PapaJay224 posted on 08 Feb 2011, 01:03 2 3
Not to troll or anything here is a comment from them on CNN just so you know...
9 hours ago
We got the wrong IPhone! Our's ended up in Chicago! If there is anyone out there in Chicago who got the wrong IPhone, please, call YOURSELF (us) and notify us.
Also, everyone on CNN.com, we really want a lot of hits so remember- share our video, comment on our video, or just simply view it! CNN is the best website (and totally the best channel) in the world!!! We would be completely honored to be on CNNTV! It would be the best thing to have ever happened to us, so remember- Comment, Share, and View!
5. Teckgeak posted on 08 Feb 2011, 01:24 3 2
Not to sound like an ass. But its ridiculous how ass backwards these people. are... "Its not released yet" wtf?!?? it's released. and holy crap. they "are sold out" and "now we have to wait for the iphone 5." Are u kidding me. the pre-order for the public is on freaking wednesday.
It's insulting how stupid these two are.
6. Mozo (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2011, 02:24 1 1
We received two phones on Monday in the same box. After activation, one line had the correct number and the other had the wrong number.
Not sure what to do but will call Verizon wireless in the morning.
This is just ridiculous.
8. Kevin (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2011, 05:44 1 0
I don't know why everyone is blaming Verizon, Apple is doing the shipments. Apple is selling them, not Verizon.
I wouldn't be surprised if Apple decided to post up sales of 2x the real sales by saying customers activating 2 instead of 1.
10. msa1988 posted on 08 Feb 2011, 06:51 4 2
Couldn't agree more. If you stuck with your better, more reliable DROID, you idiots wouldn't have this problem!
13. hawk62 posted on 08 Feb 2011, 08:19 2 4
Get a life. Had ur crap droid. Went back to apple. Works better. How many problems did the X have?
15. msa1988 posted on 08 Feb 2011, 08:40 3 1
Well I don't have the Droid X, I have the Droid Pro. I have not had one single problem with my phone, and will never demote myself to the "fanboy" crapple status.
Did you have fun losing all your calls because you HELD your phone???
18. Immature (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2011, 10:12 3 0
HAWK62 IS A FAGGOT
29. droid sucks (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2011, 15:53 1 1
Verizons iPhone has moved the antenna to a different location on the phone therefore there are not any dropped calls.... do research before you post! Runs way smoother than the Droid will ever...this "old technology" can still blow by any of the new technology. When the iPhone is able to jump onto Verizons LTE network its going to be the BEST!
22. Owlet (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2011, 12:13 3 1
I received this thing Monday. Boy, was I elated! Returning it today... :(
My Incredible is at least 10 times better.
11. romello33 (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2011, 07:29 0 0
I received it on the 7th and no problems. WORKS great .
12. TKFox007 posted on 08 Feb 2011, 07:36 1 1
That's a load of crap.
1) When you activate a new Verizon phone you have to call a number to activate it and put in your own number during the activation call. The phone wouldn't come with the phone number already attached to it.
2) If the paper work for that phone was wrong, why would you activate it in the first place? Wouldn't you call customer service first?
3) Why would you call China about it then call customer service? That's a waste of time. Even if this was a mix up, all customer service has to do is an ESN switch which only takes two minutes. Saying "we can't do anything because the phone isn't out yet" is bull as the ESN is on the box and that's all the customer has to give them. Verizon's system would already be updated with the iPhone so they can do something.
4) If that phone belonged to someone else, that phone wouldn't activate. Why you ask? Because when you switch to a new Verizon phone your old phone must be off otherwise the activation process won't work. If customer service activates the phone, they would notice that the ESN is wrong and instruct the customer to return the phone. If they did activate it, the guy who was supposed to get that phone would call customer service and upon learning that his/her iPhone was activated someplace else due to a shipping mixup, that couple's iPhone would be suspended and they wouldn't be able to place calls on it.
5) Let's say that Verizon couldn't do an ESN switch, the reps would tell them to return the phone. And customer service wouldn't give them the name of the individual that the phone was supposed to go to.
This video is a hoax.
25. Fanboys Suck posted on 08 Feb 2011, 12:52 2 2
Just swap your SIM card to activate... oh wait, sorry Verizon...
36. TKFox007 posted on 08 Feb 2011, 20:06 0 0
I agree with you, I hate that about Verizon, but I do love that reliable network of theirs,
14. drock13087 (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2011, 08:31 3 2
hey tards guess what its the same damn crap phone that att had. They drops calls and are the same as all the other iphones(wow design diffrence and screens so great the human eye cant recognize them). Im going to make a new phone that only dogs can hear and have apple patent it....way to make millions off tards.
16. msa1988 posted on 08 Feb 2011, 08:42 1 1
Sounds like its guaranteed to make millions, its an Apple!
19. tragichero posted on 08 Feb 2011, 11:44 1 2
first of all... verizon wouldnt acitivate anyones iphone before the 10th even if you recieved the 32 gb and ordered the 32. this is all bs because no one is activating their iphones before the 10th. in the case you didnt get the correct one, you can call customer service send it back and they will ship you the correct device asap. If you figure you'll just take the device you got... verizon will refund you. whats interesting is if you paid and ordered the 16 and got the 32. you may get away with an even better device without forking over the hundo. all in all though it is obvious there hasnt been any mix up because in these cases their claiming to of activated the phone witch like i said wont happen to the official release of feb 10. come on phonearena... either you made a huge mistake in posting this or you really do have an agenda to trash verizon....
23. Owlet (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2011, 12:16 2 0
How come you are so shure? Mine was activated and worked the whole day yesterday and this morning. No I'm sending it back :)
32. blah blah (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2011, 18:37 1 0
Verizon IPhone can be activated upone receipt. You do it yourself. You don't need the store or customer service.
20. blahjdjdjdjd (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2011, 11:59 1 1
Hate to tell you this guys. You're all wrong. I work at a Verizon retailer and have dreaded this day since they announced the launch of the iBrick. Phones have been shipped. They have no numbers attached to them, You must activate them through iTunes and then your number is attached. I started seeing them come in as of yesterday activated and wanted to have contacts transfered from old phones to the "new" iPhone. The war is just beginning. DOWN WITH IPHONE!
21. tragichero posted on 08 Feb 2011, 12:03 2 1
your right... i just got a women in the store to transfer contacts to her activated verizon iphone so please ignore my last comment. i admit to being incorrect...
28. Matt (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2011, 13:47 1 0
I got my UPS tracking number on Friday night, said it would arrive this morning (Tuesday) by 10:30 am. UPS truck pulled up at 10:21, had some troubles activating the phone (on Verizon's end, but this has happened in the past), but my iPhone is up and running, it's the correct version, and it's mine!!!
30. Windsponge posted on 08 Feb 2011, 17:17 1 1
I got mine and it is great . Will never buy another Droid. You can buy what you want it your money.
31. Windsponge posted on 08 Feb 2011, 17:19 1 0
my phone already had my number on it I tunes set it up
33. TJ (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2011, 18:37 0 0
This is NOT a hoax - it just happened to me. I had to call in to activate my iphone last night, and after three hours on and off with customer service finally got it activated. Then, at noon today it stopped working and said "no network detected." My wife tried to call my number and got someone it TX (we live in MN) who said they just activated their phone and their Verizon store said our phones were swapped during packaging. No resolution yet, Verizon said that this is a major problem affecting a large number of people. This is turning into a nightmare...
34. b boy2006 (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2011, 19:37 0 2
You guys just need to get the HTC EVO much better phone and for 30 extra for internet service really not worth it having the IPhone through Verizon or At&tI have had the iPhone and when something happens to it you have to take it to Apple to get it fixed not to Verizon and I think that is crazy because I had to drive a hour to get there every time. Verizon really needs to change there plans if they want more customers because Sprint has them beat at this time.
35. b boy2006 (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2011, 19:48 0 2
I was with Verizon for 6 years and I think that I brought 3 phone the whole time and had over 95 phones between me and my wife. I used to get all the rest of my phones for free and every customer rep was wondering how I got phone that just came out for free and didn't have to ever upgrade I told them it wad my little seceret. But again paying 30 per line I thought that was crazy when Sprint has the everything data plan for 129.00 with internet included and they are planning on getting the iPhone.
37. fitzymama (unregistered) posted on 09 Feb 2011, 00:09 1 1
I got my 32gb Verizon iPhone and a 16gb for my daughter this morning, plugged it into iTunes, maybe took all of 4 minutes to finish, and start calling and texting right away no problems. Just took it to the closest Apple Store in Tacoma WA to get a screen protector and case and the store employees said mine was the first they saw and asked me open up the settings to see that it actually said Verizon. Love It!
38. tarbndr posted on 09 Feb 2011, 01:21 1 0
Got mine Monday no problems at all works awesome, service in Vegas is great! For the jerky who said they weren't pre programmed your wrong they were dedicated to your number in the box all u had to do was press 228 send after your iTunes deal. You never had to enter your number in the 228 process of activation. I had AT&T out here they sucked, the new verizon is great. Oh and I can make a call and keep it.
40. marshefen posted on 09 Feb 2011, 08:57 0 0
How is this news? They find 2 customers that had an issue with an order and they automatically assume every single order is messed up.