Iris 9000 makes Space Odyssey look eerily real
2. WirelessCon (Posts: 309; Member since: 11 May 2010)
Wow, that is so cool, for about 30 seconds.
Hopefully they make a ton of money.
4. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
This is dumb. I could maybe see this tech being built in to Bose Stereo docks, where the iPod remote has a built-in mic, but a stand-alone Siri speaker for $60? Now I have to choose which dock I put my phone in....stereo or Iris. I choose brain smattering Rock music over Siri's "soothing" voice any day.
5. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Would maybe be useful if it included a PA-type function.
6. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
As in "Public Announcement," not "Phone Arena."
7. ibap (Posts: 716; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
MY NAME IS IRIS and in the current spirit of litigation, I'll sue them for using my name without my consent.
8. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
I love it. I want one. Although I don't use Apple products so it'd have to be made compatible with some other phones...
9. hltechie (unregistered)
I don't really see how this would be really useful or practical in everyday use. However if you are really into 2001 A Space Odyssey or have $59.99 of disposable income then go for it. Really cool looking though.