In loving memory of Sony's Z-series: here are some of the most notable and compelling Xperia Z phones
1. Inotamira (Posts: 173; Member since: 06 Feb 2016)
Well, phonearena is out of material, so what's up with you guys?
5. promise7 (Posts: 856; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
They pretty much just listed each Sony flagship for that year...
25. neela_akaash (Posts: 1094; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Commenting from my still great Z2. But may be it's time to replace it with Mi 5 pro... really love that phone.
66. stanislav (Posts: 131; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
i think z2 is perfectly fine, no need for upgrade
28. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 520; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Pa you should have included the z ultra. I jumped from galaxy s5 and galaxy mega 6.3 to Sony z3c and z ultra. I guess with Sony killing of z series I'll be moving right back to galaxy s series
51. Mrinal (Posts: 36; Member since: 28 Feb 2016)
Is it a right time to buy samsung s6?
Caz i am getting it on 12March!
57. killer7D (Posts: 251; Member since: 18 Sep 2014)
No its wrong because once S7 hits the shelves, the S6 will be even cheaper ..
just wait for one more month
63. Mrinal (Posts: 36; Member since: 28 Feb 2016)
But this wont happen in India.
Still here in India we are waiting for the release date to be announced for S7 and i can't wait more. :( :/
But as i told i am getting it on 12 March and in US its releasing on 11 March, so let me see.
And thanx for ur advice killer!
2. hafini_27 (Posts: 854; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
IMO, Z3 is the best in Sony's lineup. I still use the Xperia Z as my daily driver.
10. Wiencon (Posts: 1710; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
I loved Z2's white design, with black front, sad that they ditched it in Z3 but on the other hand Z3 is pretty much the same phone as Z2
Anyway, Z3 Compact is best Z for me, I loved everything about it except for camera
55. romeo1 (Posts: 703; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
Yes that is true but the audio and batterylife on the z3 are worth the upgrade if you meed it.
20. Loveneesh (Posts: 128; Member since: 14 Jul 2015)
for xperia z(first in the lineup) is the best in z lineup. It was first phone who starts good and premium looking flagships.
3. Hallyu (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Jul 2015)
Seriously? How are they called Z "series" when they all look the same? But whatever, they're going to be forgotten anyway. The business has always been Samsung vs Apple since the beginning.
19. Loveneesh (Posts: 128; Member since: 14 Jul 2015)
the business has not always been samsung vs apple.
Motorola,nokia,blackberry were also the big players for their time.
I think some new players take down both samsung and apple.
21. Loveneesh (Posts: 128; Member since: 14 Jul 2015)
look galaxy s6 and edge,note 5,s6 edge ,s7and s7 edge.And iphone 6 and6s.
they all look same.
38. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1015; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Oh, childish hate for japanese guy is back.
4. GreenMan (Posts: 754; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
Die Sony die...!
No... I don't mean it, I'm just deliberately trying to annoy you, PA!
But i personally don't care much about Sony... A thousand years ago (give our take) I had a Sony Ericsson T230 and it was a heap. Bought a Nokia 3220 and that thing was miles ahead of that Sony... Never bought a Sony product drive then!
I know its an old timer's Old story but still...
9. Hallyu (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Jul 2015)
Sony has very low tech compared to Samsung, LG or even cheap Chinese startup companies. It has never developed since 90s. Sharp is dead, not too long Sony will join the game. I think the reason behind this is their government limit their budget on R&D, yet pouring more money into their hentai and p*rn industry.
14. tomskytot (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 May 2014)
LOW tech? even top brands uses their cameras / sensors... whats low tech with that? seriously? Samsung was even planning in getting their 23 mp camera for their flagship, sony just said no...
26. neela_akaash (Posts: 1094; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
This guy is not aware of what camera sensors are used in 90% of the top level smartphones... it's still Sony.
17. my-ass-is-cute (Posts: 15; Member since: 25 Oct 2015)
WTF man? Why you sound like you cumming when SONY and Japanese firms are struggling?
"I think the reason behind this is their government limit their budget on R&D, yet pouring more money into their hentai and p*rn industry."
That's the most stupidest logic I've ever heard in my life. Get laid, kid! Oh I forgot you have too small c0ck.
22. mixedfish (Posts: 1144; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
Samsung is worth 30% of South Korea's economy, who can blame him for defending Samsung when his job and life is on the line.
The saddest reality is that he lets a company run his life.
30. Hallyu (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Jul 2015)
LOL here comes a delusional Sony fanboy as usual when ever someone talks about sad truth of Sony this poor fish always turns it into another topic to make it sound like it nerver happens.
Yes, Samsung is a gigantic conglomerate. So are you jealous? We are getting stronger and stronger everyday unlike your master Sony which is about to fall. Keep whining fish, no one cares about you.
39. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1015; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Delusional anything-made-by-japan hater is calling anyone who disagrees with him a "Sony fanboy" LOL
61. xperiaZlover (Posts: 180; Member since: 15 Nov 2015)
Not only camera sensors sony make the world's best IPS panels as well.
Why does Apple use Sony jdi displays for their iphones in the first place?
They could have used Samsung amoleds but they prefer IPS panels.
So Sony is no low tech company. They sometimes have better internals which are more durable than Samsung.
Well I like Samsung devices as well.this is an honest review.
52. Mrinal (Posts: 36; Member since: 28 Feb 2016)
I do agree that Sony will die soon.
As they don't have much to show for there new products, they just follow others.
The worst thing is they always show there so called feature which is "Water resistant(IP67)" Lol.
7. Shadocx4 (Posts: 18; Member since: 20 Oct 2014)
Since in the alphabet X is before Z, they are making weaker phones.
15. dimas (Posts: 1811; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
With that logic, iphone 2 is better than iphone 6 because 2 comes first before 6 when you count?
16. ibend (Posts: 3167; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
no.. read his comment again..
or make it like this to make it easier (that even toodler can understand)
"Since in the alphabet X is before Z, X is weaker phones."
replace X with 2 and Z with 6
"Since in the number 2 is before 6, iPhone2 is weaker phones."
(If u still cant understand, I cant help you, so please dont ask again, seriously..)
27. neela_akaash (Posts: 1094; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
There's no such device ever existed. "iPhone 2"....
29. neela_akaash (Posts: 1094; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6 and 6S..
41. keithtae (Posts: 336; Member since: 25 Mar 2015)
1. You need to attend some English classes. 2. What's an iPhone 2? 3. I hope you have an IQ of above 50.
8. legiloca (Posts: 1086; Member since: 11 Nov 2014)
What I can only blame Sony for their failure is the 2 flagships a year cycle with a little to no changes and poor marketing strategy..
12. yoosufmuneer (Posts: 1457; Member since: 14 Feb 2015)
Z2 is the best IMO in the "Z" series of smartphones. Followed by Z5, All the Compact Series were very good too.
23. DerryAhmad (Posts: 271; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Agreed. I also think the Z2 is their best Z series. It was ahead of the game at that time. First to adopt the latest chipset, great look an awesome camera. I loved my Z2. Turned to Samsung after that since Sony disappoints.
I think they should also include the Z Ultra too. It's one exotic device that many love using.
13. dimas (Posts: 1811; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
"In loving memory of the z series."
I use sony gadgets but I don't remember having personal emotional attachment to phones. The z series can die anytime sony wants, it's just a label and people will move on when new and better products are released.
18. BobLawblaw (Posts: 271; Member since: 25 Jul 2014)
I had the Z, Z1 and the Z3. Great phones. Loved them. But by jaysus they were unreliable. Especially the Z3. Faulty on 3 occasions. Was tempted by the Z5 but decided to go for a Note 5 instead. So far so good..
24. Wolf_Blitza (Posts: 58; Member since: 30 May 2014)
The ZL deserves an honourable mention. 5.0" screen, and a 75% screen-bezel ratio, VERY few non-phablets have matched that accomplishment.
31. Chuck007 (Posts: 1003; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
The X series in black is pretty decent, but my point still stands. Why release a whole new series and pretend it's all special when it's nearly identical to the Z series?
32. khalid123 (Posts: 29; Member since: 27 Feb 2016)
iPhones and galaxy phones are nothing people goes maid because of using iPhones and galaxy phones xperia is better phones ever I see do u agree
33. MichiGo (Posts: 151; Member since: 09 Sep 2014)
Z3/Z3compact were the best phones out of the Z series
37. Xperia14 (Posts: 302; Member since: 01 Sep 2015)
Ahh MWC 2014, where the Z2 stole the show. The Z2 was an excelent phone for that time. I pre-ordered it immediately and was one of the first to recieve it. The Z3(c) and Z5 were also very good. Sad days for Xperia fans.
43. Chuck007 (Posts: 1003; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
Oh, and most of all I think the poor camera performance of the Xperia Z line ruined it. Sure the Xperia Z5 was noticeably better, but night shots (excluding HTC and other value brands which are arguably even worse) were still a noisy mess compared to the competition.
44. Trakker (Posts: 283; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
It's a shame Sony phones now have no real style or imagination about them, but I used to love the look of the old Sony phones before they became Sony Ericsson.
45. anleoflippy (Posts: 595; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
I still use the first gen Xperia Tablet Z and during it's time it was the boss!
46. ermond012 (Posts: 10; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
All the Z phones are pretty great. I know everyone has their preference and it's sad that some aren't giving Sony a chance. Yes, their phones have flaws just like anybody else but I guess it's how you embrace these flaws and get the most out of it that makes them great. Had a Z1 which was a great device then currently using Z3+ Dual which is a veey nice device and I am very happy about it. Very contented.
47. Astoni (Posts: 647; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
lol, z1 "stood on par with any high-end phone you could throw at it" don't make me laugh. i had the phone for 7 months. i switched afterwards...
48. johnh3 (Posts: 12; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
I think the new X series was interesting. Why make a bunch of flagship phones every six months? Maybe one be enough every 8 to 12 months instead. So I guess Sony made the right move.
49. ryq24 (Posts: 681; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
changing the letter from Z to X will not work if they continue to do poorly in the marketing department and also selling overpriced phones.
53. Joulukas (Posts: 60; Member since: 05 Jun 2013)
Best Sony Z ever was Ultra aka. a mans phone. Still rocking, still nothing to replace it with!