Hilarious parody of Zooey Deschanel's Siri ad surfaces
1. -box- (Posts: 3878; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Funny parody. I saw the ad for the first time last night, wasn't impressed. The Samuel L Jackson one works better overall, but the fact that apple is still trying to push such a gimmicky feature as siri as the phone's selling point is pretty weak, IMHO. I downloadeda few siri-like programs for Android (despite its excellent native voice control) and only used one once. Then I uninstalled them and went back towards using apps on the desktop or voice search
8. tedkord (Posts: 5263; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
That's because it's Samuel L. Jackson. Everything works better when he's involved. He's cooler than the other side of the pillow. That lucky woman coming over for date night is gonna get some life changing loving.
15. StalkinUrMom (Posts: 110; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
I was disappointed by the lack of 'Snakes on a Plane' references in his commercial.
2. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
Anyone else notice that Siri does not use her name even though it's clearly on the screen? It probably cannot say Zooey correctly so they cut it out. Not really a big deal IMO.
4. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
I love New Girl, and a good parody but barely laughed at this.
5. MEeee (Posts: 284; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
My coworker at work uses Siri all the time to make appointments and it's so noisy and annoying. I wonder what are they doing with their other fingers?
It's weird since the New iPad came out, people at work with iPhones changed their ringtone to Apple "Mumbo" ringtone to let everyone around them know that they have an iPhone.
7. ZayZay (Posts: 565; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Oh jeez! I'm sorry about the ringtone thing. I hear their ringtones and want to shoot myself! So long for being different these days.
11. AndroidTroll (Posts: 359; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
Your workplace sounds extremely annoying. I'm glad I don't work there with those idiots. If you're sitting in front of a computer it's much faster to make appointments with google calendar or even... dare I say...iCal. Google calendar is better tho because it has greater compatibility with other calendars. iCal, and anything Apple, likes to close itself off to others.
13. good2great (Posts: 1040; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
you do know google calendar is fully integrated with the iphone/ipad right? as is most of google products... so comparing iCal to Google calendar is pretty idiotic.
18. AndroidTroll (Posts: 359; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
Most people who have iphones/ipads use iCal because it is the default.
6. Jyakotu (Posts: 823; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I dunno, I kind of like the Rainy Day ad. It's cute and funny in a way. Zooey is just so likable. :)
9. remixfa (Posts: 14163; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its hard to dislike her, ill give ya that.
10. StalkinUrMom (Posts: 110; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Damn, she really let herself go. Oh well, it's still Zooey.
16. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
Haha the rain part always made me feel like they made her seem dumb. And yeah I was hoping Sam jack would have been like "put the mf gaspcho on ice! And take the mf night off" lol
17. _PHug_ (Posts: 395; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
That wasn't funny.
I didn't smile once.
I vote Die