Here is how Nokia imagined touchscreen phones in 2006
5. -RVM- (Posts: 329; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Actially Nokia is the source of most inventions in mobile business.
6. rex1213 (Posts: 77; Member since: 29 Jul 2011)
Nokia has skillful engineers and designers. The main culprit is the poor execution of ideas by their management team.
2. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I agree with some users. Nokia shows some pretty cool concept but they don't deliver. Either they will delivered when it is too late or they love wasting their time playing around with it.
11. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
i think nokia is on a new track... elop isnt a stupid man-- he sees how nokia needs to take over wp7 to be a player in the smartphone world... i give him credit for virtually abandoning symbian...
and did anybody else see the android lock screen thing at the :36 mark?
3. ddxmms (Posts: 141; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
its really shame they didn't use any of this ideas on the s**ty 5800 or any other devices for that matter,,it could saved nokia a lot of money and market share.
4. Cyan3boN (Posts: 425; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
this phone could've been a game changer in 2006, and apple a small segment of Google. :b
7. Hildy (Posts: 33; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
At the time Nokia was working on the touchscreen N800 which was introduced the next January. Unfortunately, it was a PDA/PMP, not a phone. For whatever reason, neither Nokia nor Palm thought the market was ready for a touchscreen phone.
8. joaolx (Posts: 351; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Very confusing UI. Nokia, by what i see is falling in terms of UI, their new OS's have been the same with no improvement, not to say boring to look at. Thank god i have an android.
9. bbblader (Posts: 575; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
this if introduced now would be the #1 smartphone
10. -box- (Posts: 3729; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Nokia: conceptually ahead of everyone else, they just don't always follow through, or when they do, it takes a long time because they're such perfectionists