HTC Fireball pops up in Verizon’s internal system: a mysterious LTE handset
1. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
its probably gonna be the same phone as the Rezound or Sensation in a different outer look and slightly different interiors.. come on HTC.. dont fool people by releasing the same exact phone with just a different name..
17. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
not completely...Apple sets the expectation of a minor update w/the 4S but HTC does the exact same thing yet advertises it as a totally different device.
18. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 525; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
sensation came out way before the rezound... on T-Mobile... since when do phone companies (other than Apple) use the same name for a phone across all carriers? anyone remember the Motorola Devour?
20. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Samsung is pretty close with their Galaxy S Line. remember it's ultimately up to the Carrier and their marketing divisions to have the final say on the name. the Rezound was code named the Vigor by HTC. oh what about the Devour?
2. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Hmmmm. I'm gonna go with Thunderbolt replacement, metal unibody, 4.5-4.7" qHD, S4 perhaps. Something between the Sensation XL and Edge. And keep the Fireball name, it's wicked.
10. Corpsemaker (Posts: 63; Member since: 10 Jul 2010)
qHD really? The rezound is 720p. Why would they go backwards?
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
to have a mid range LTE offering obviously.
3. fleanote (Posts: 50; Member since: 14 Jan 2011)
Maybe it's the Thunderbolt 2 we heard about last month?
4. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Most sites were reporting the Rezound would be the Thunderbolt 2, but the two are very different in design and marketing. Similarly before the Thunderbolt arrived it was referred to as the Incredible HD, but it looked and felt completely different. The Rezound succeeds the Incredible line, so there's still room for another phone to succeed the TBolt.
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
maybe it's the Droid Incredible 3. Verizon still needs an up to date, compact, global handset from HTC.
19. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 525; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
plz plz plz be right on compact. i LOVE the size of the Dinc2.. i just can't bring myself to get a phone any larger... i really don't care what size the screen is i just want a phone that will fit in my pants pocket. no matter how beautiful or fun to watch movies on a giant screen like in the Razr or even the Nexus is... its just not practical for me. i REALLY hope that there at least remains one or two smaller "actual size"' phones that can keep up with the specs of all the big boys.
22. bighandssmallpockets (Posts: 54; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Amen! Please, someone make a high end phone not too much bigger than the iPhone. I would hate to have to buy an iPhone. I mean they are good but I want to stay android. I just think android is better.
6. rendHELL (Posts: 304; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
uh uh.... droid fireball??? just how hot does a phone can get??
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
that would be a nice turnabout but it has an ADR model number so it's probably Android.
13. snowgator (Posts: 3504; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I agree with King. No new gossip on a WP for Verizon, which insists on LTE from any future device from them. Not that I actually blame Verizon on this one. Their LTE service is their big selling point. By the time AT&T catches up and Sprint gets going, Verizon will start rolling out LTE+ and still be ahead.
12. bbstorm2435 (Posts: 37; Member since: 21 Oct 2009)
I think that just as we have heard AT&T is getting the HTC Elite which is rumored to be quad-core ICS headset, I would guess this would be the Verizon version of that. If you remember this past year the Thunderbolt and Inspire were very similar devices except the fact that the Verizon Thunderbolt had LTE (this was before AT&T's LTE network). So, I think this will be very similar to the Elite for AT&T. I would think you are going to be looking for at least a 720p 4.7 inch display, quad-core, 1 GB of RAM (possibly even 2 GB given quad-core), and Beats audio.