Cool images, taken with your cell phone #8
So, which picture did you like most last time? The answer is Dobell's photo taken with the Nokia N85. And a pretty well-deserved first place it is, we should say!
Of course, there are many other incredible images left to be seen. Let's continue with another set of 15 pics, each of which can easily convince even the most professionally-inclined photographer that cell phones are more than a toy in the camera department.
Please note that if your own awesome image is not included here, this doesn't mean that it won't end up on the site. We simply might not have gotten to it yet! So, we urge you to continue following us, as we'll be publishing more of these truly great photos in the following days and weeks.
We'd also like to remind you that you can continue submitting your cool cell phone pics to the following email address:
In order to not miss on all the glory, you also have to mention your name/nickname, as well as the phone you used to take the shots. A nice additional piece of info would be a name or a short description for the image.
With that, we now leave you with our eighth set of favorite photos...
Note: All images have been resized for your convenience.
1. Adriana Roberts - Motorola DROID
2. Ernest Er - HTC Sensation
3. Ernest Er - HTC Sensation
4. Jeric C. Baquiran - Apple iPhone 4
5. Jio Subaba - Nokia N82
6. Ken Wright - Samsung Fascinate
7. Ken Wright - Samsung Fascinate
8. Muqtadir Asif - RIM BlackBerry Curve 8900
9. Nafra - Apple iPhone 4
10. Nafra - Apple iPhone 4
11. Richard Hagen - Sony Ericsson Xperia arc
12. Sharky Dolutan - Sony Ericsson Aino
- Which photo do you like most?
6 votes (6 votes) 1
36 votes (36 votes) 2
48 votes (48 votes) 3
14 votes (14 votes) 4
8 votes (8 votes) 5
4 votes (4 votes) 6
119 votes (119 votes) 7
2 votes (2 votes) 8
39 votes (39 votes) 9
26 votes (26 votes) 10
18 votes (18 votes) 11
115 votes (115 votes) 12
40 votes (40 votes) 13
4 votes (4 votes) 14
67 votes (67 votes) 15
1. PeterIfromsweden posted on 10 Aug 2011, 06:54 0
i will be submitting a picture for the new contest.
3. beatlesfan posted on 10 Aug 2011, 09:22 1
I am impressed with #14. BlackBerry Bold 9650 and it's that good of a picture
5. WildeyeSteve (unregistered) posted on 10 Aug 2011, 10:09 4
Anyone else think panoramas should be disqualified from these contests? They automatically collect the most or 2nd most votes just because they're the largest. Scroll through the past few competitions and you'll see what I'm talking about.
14. chris23 posted on 10 Aug 2011, 21:15 0
I dont think there is anything wrong with panorama being used because it's a camera function; therefore making it part of the camera itself....that would just be holding back creativity.
6. M.M. (unregistered) posted on 10 Aug 2011, 10:28 0
I dont agree with you. In my opinion, what matters is how is composition on the picture and an all-impression, a moment photographer (with his gadget :)) managed to catch. It doesnt matter is it your picture a panorama, macro, portrait or something else.
7. Shikhar (unregistered) posted on 10 Aug 2011, 11:03 3
Picture #12 seems like its directly ripped out of some calendar picture. Beautiful.
8. Eingild posted on 10 Aug 2011, 11:34 0
It's not about the tools when you got the talent. ;)
9. dblue45 posted on 10 Aug 2011, 11:46 0
How would you know if someone cheated by taking a photo on an actual digital or even maybe an SLR for that reason, and wrote some phone's name? You can't figure it out, can you?
10. pete7625 (banned) posted on 10 Aug 2011, 11:56 5
Phonearena is not giving out prizes for best photographs, so anyone who feels the need to lie really needs to get a life.
12. Penny posted on 10 Aug 2011, 15:07 0
Love number 12. Great vantage point for that shot. Picture 3 would be second place for me, followed by Picture 7 and Picture 2.
15. reyner (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 08:04 0
i dont believe that photographs in here are authentic most of it seems like cheated or taken by an SLR like aino
16. bluefairy (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 18:52 0
sorry to burst your bubble mate, but it was actually taken by my husband's phone. anyway, what would people get out of cheating? there's no prize involved. but thanks though, coz if you think it was taken by an SLR, then it must be real good. ;)