Brydge is an iPad keyboard dock that wants to look like a MacBook Air
1. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
thats pretty nice looking. with all the weird gadgets and accessories people sell for iProducts, im actually surprised something functional and nice hasnt come out yet.
2. gp284 (Posts: 120; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
yeah your right. But it still doesn't comapare to the Asus mobile dock though.
6. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no it doesnt. im waiting for people to start coming in screaming that they are copying asus, even though this isnt an official apple product.
4. TrainFromUkraine (Posts: 63; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I would be interested if it had a battery. Alas..
5. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Having infinite angles is huge. All current iPad keyboard docks that I have seen mean disconnecting the iPad and placing the iPad in a fixed slot and hence a fixed angle.
The speaker is a nice touch too.
I wonder if it works with the white version of the iPad ;)
7. max9777 (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
I have the Air and it looks nothing like it LMAO! It looks more like the Pro.
Anyways whats the point of getting a tablet if your going to convert it into a laptop?
Why not just get the laptop.
9. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
well you cant deattach the keyboard from a laptop later on can you?
13. dodo1234 (Posts: 36; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
The Mac Air costs over $1000 doesn't it? New Ipad is 600, Ipad2 is 400, I'm guessing on these numbers btw. Plus 170 for the dock makes it way cheaper plus its detachable as a thinner lighter tablet DUH :)
10. Chronos (Posts: 258; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
This is what the original dock for the iPad should be.
11. sorcio46 (Posts: 422; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Nice copy of Asus Transformer series dock !
12. King_Me_Chris (Posts: 5; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
while it is a copy of the Asus Transformer, I have no problem with that cuz nobody get on BMW for making cars which ford copying for, nobody says anything when a new line of clothing comes out and all the other clothing brands make something similar, this is what companies do, look at what was successful and then try to make it better, just like apple expanded on blackberry and android expanded on apple, this is how things go. Dont get me wrong, I got Android in my blood but it's ok if others look to Android for ideas to make other products better, that way we all win.
14. chebner (Posts: 172; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Funny this comes out exactly one day after Tim Cook, in the qtrly earnings call, likened the Asus Transformer to combining a toaster and a refrigerator.