Apple now ships iPad 2 with 32nm A5 chip and 2 hours extra battery life
1. mercorp posted on 04 May 2012, 06:20 1
They want to stop the people from jumping to the galaxy tab 2.
2. LegedaryRelic posted on 04 May 2012, 08:55 1
I would assume iPad users are more likely to "jump" to Kindle Fire. My wife works at a salon where most of the women have iPads or Kindles, none of them every talk about galaxy tab 2. Only nerds like us probably think most about it. ;)
7. sgtdisturbed47 posted on 04 May 2012, 17:31 0
Except that Kindle Fire doesn't come close to Galaxy Tab or iPad in terms of flexibility. Doesn't even have Android Market, and you have to root it in order to do so. You cant compare an e-reader that plays Angry Birds to the more serious tablets.
3. remixfa posted on 04 May 2012, 09:25 1
wow called that one. Samsung starts shipping the 4212 and 4412 out and apple gobbles it up and rebrands it. the new A5. surprised they didn't change it to the new A5s or something.
now even less reason to spend the extra on the ipad3.
6. thelegend6657 posted on 04 May 2012, 10:25 0
True ! Now iPad 2 with new chips are a great deal
8. parkwaydr posted on 04 May 2012, 18:59 0
Do think this might be a sign that the new ipad isnt doing as well as they had hoped?
I mean, why else would release a revamped version of the ipad 2?
9. stealthd posted on 04 May 2012, 20:44 0
It doesn't matter how many times you mention the "rebranding", it doesn't make it true. Samsung is Apple's fab partner, they can't make 32nm A5's if they don't have a 32nm fab process. A5 isn't a rebranded Exynos, it's Apple's IP. Every teardown confirms this.
4. theoak posted on 04 May 2012, 09:40 0
20% more battery life. Considering the 2 gets really good battery life for a tablet as it is ... that is pretty cool.
5. ardent1 posted on 04 May 2012, 10:10 0
29% more battery life for intense gaming...damn, that will be another nail in Nintendo's coffin.