Apple iPhone 5C housing stars in new video
With Apple trying to grab market share in emerging markets, the company is purportedly going to offer that low-cost model in plastic. Besides the casing, some key parts will also be made of durable plastic in order to lower the design cost. Additionally, there are those controversial multi-colored shells that appear to be designed to give buyers of the iPhone 5C a range of color options. The latest we've heard is that the unit is a modified Apple iPhone 5 with a similar feature set.
From China comes a video that supposedly shows off the housing of the Apple iPhone 5C and shows it lying next to the current Apple iPhone 5S. Around the barber shop, talk is that the Cupertino based firm will introduce its new devices on September 18th and launch them on September 27th.
One last word on the matter. Since Apple apparently plans on calling the low-cost version of its phone the Apple iPhone 5C, does that mean that all of those plastic, multi-colored cases for the phone should be called C-shells?
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Well, this really looks cheap but i liked the C-Shells joke alan!
3. jove39 (Posts: 1586; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Plastic huh...will wait for pricing to give it a try...hope c really means cheap :)
5. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Haters already but y'all ain't talking about the failed sg4 active and the other android phones that are 1 cent on contract after 2weeks. Lol but we love those droids!
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 17555; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Damn dark, you went deep on em with that.
23. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Well calling android phones fail isn't being any better than haters is it now
24. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3577; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Please explain why you say the S4 Active is failed. Also, are you saying it's 1 cent on contract? A simple glance at AT&T's website says that's false.
8. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
The C stands for CHEAP.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 17555; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The 80 stands for how many times you repeat the same thing.
10. shamataa (Posts: 210; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
wow looks really cheap. Apple is known for high quality material. Not a plastic phone that says cheap all over it.
21. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
exactly my point
11. thiscantbereal (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Jul 2013)
C must mean cheap!!! Haha you people are so clever. You can send your entire family plus your neighbors family into any mobile carrier and buy those cheap droids and pay no more then a penny. Droids are junk.
13. MrMagoo (Posts: 12; Member since: 28 Jun 2013)
it's fake and ugly, it doesn't even have the metal contacts and parts inside the case like the other supposed leaks, and really looks cheap like a low end samsung phone
15. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Android fans can laugh, and call this phone cheap, but where 100% of windowsphone, and iPhone, devices are a high quality experience,, only 10% of Android phone's have high quality hardware.. What's worse is the experience from a software standpoint.. Even the lowest model Windowsphone, and iPhone, devices provide a more stable and reliable, experience than Androids top quad core performers... Android is sad...
18. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 588; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Android is also taking over the world...and I'm not an Android fanboy. As far as the high quality hardware is concerned, It depends on the manufacturer. Motorola and HTC (most of the time) seem to get it right. Samsung hardware is far of better quality than it gets credit for...Unfortunately, it looks cheap.
19. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
And that was 100% opinion, thanks for sharing.
30. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
your even sadder....calling the most succesful OS in the world sad....i pity you!
31. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 771; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
80% of all smartphones run Android.. That means everyone is dumb & u r the only smart person...If ur precious iPhone is so superior why is it FAILING against Android....?????
How sad is ur life that u commented something like that..!!!!!
34. StreetNerd (Posts: 802; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
coz the market is flooded with cheap android devices. And not every1 is going to pay big money for an iphone...
use abit of logic before barking like that =)
16. scott5626 (Posts: 49; Member since: 01 Sep 2009)
3GS was plastic, it wasn't cheap.
I bet the iPhone 5s will retain the same outside as the iPhone 5.
iPhone 3G New Exterior
iPhone 3GS changed specs internally
iPhone 4 New Exterior
iPhone 4S changed specs internally
iPhone 5 New Exterior
iPhone 5s changes internal specs ?
See the pattern here.
35. StreetNerd (Posts: 802; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
but thats something we all already know... apple also comfirmd it....
17. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 588; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I hope the front bezel is the same color as the back and not just black. Otherwise it would look just like a lumia clone.
20. Geezy03 (Posts: 43; Member since: 10 Apr 2009)
I guess Tim cook had to get his name on an iPhone huh. But it will be a lackluster phone
22. xtian1103 (Posts: 363; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
might buy a blue iphone 5c. nice backup phone!
25. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
No it's a fact that AT&T does not accept damage sg4 actives due to water and states that even in store performed test and web sites test that it is defective and not water proof stated by which Samsung claim is. The one cent on contract refers to phones that start out at $200 on contract that go down to 1 cent within a month like most android phones do on AT&T. I'm stating the facts so before you say I'm hating I own a HTC one which I love but hate the battery charging time and I own the iPhone 5 which I'm ready for the new iOS. I'm just sick of these ignorant folks posting on here how they hate apple or how they hate android. Just get what you like but for the record majority of the folks on here who hate don't even own an up to date phone and goes by he say she say before speaking an opinion.
27. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3577; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
What you're saying is the case with all water resistant phones, not just the S4 Active. No one accepts water damaged water resistant phones because even though you might say you only took it 3 feet deep for 30 minutes, they have no way of knowing if that's actually the case or not. Also, Samsung markets the phone as water resistant, not water proof. Huge difference. Thirdly, it was unclear in your post as to whether or not you were referring to the Active as one of these 1 cent phones.
32. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 771; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
How u calculated $200 going down to 1 cent, no one can understand...... Explain...
28. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Good move from Apple, they know that their users is mostly kids and girls so they create this colorful toy phone and iOs7 to reflect that. They also keep around the premium version for grandparents, good thinking Apple.
29. vabav (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Aug 2013)
iPhone 5C, a nice move by apple.
Apple's "Cheap" = Samsung's "Flagship"
Read & Write your thoughts Here:-----
36. itreday (Posts: 68; Member since: 24 May 2012)
Apple uses plastic and sells it for around $350. Samsung uses plastic and sells it for over $600. Who's really the overpriced one here?
38. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3577; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Right, because Apple already told you how much this phone is going to cost.