Apple extends option to purchase AppleCare+ until December 15, 2011
Now, according to internal documents obtained by SprintFeed, Apple has extended iPhone 4S consumers the opportunity to purchase AppleCare+ until December 15, 2011. Apple has also changed its policy and is now allowing all customers 30 days from date of purchase to come back and purchase coverage on the phone.
The main difference between AppleCare and the new AppleCare+ is that the new protection plan covers up to two instances of accidental damage (for a $50 service fee) per coverage period, whereas the old plan did not cover accidental damage at all. Because they are now covering accidental damage, a customer that wants to add AppleCare+ after the phone has left the store must call Apple directly or make an appointment at their local Genius Bar. Apple is requiring a receipt and a phone inspection to prevent people from attempting to purchase coverage after an incident occurs.
source: SprintFeed & Apple via Engadget
1. sum182 posted on 19 Nov 2011, 16:48 4 0
Only two instances of accidental? Still not great IMO, best buys is unlimited fixes. Though apples customer service is ALOT better
2. NexusisaPOS posted on 19 Nov 2011, 16:53 0 12
The Nexus is a POS here\\\'s why
1. it\\\'s late as hell by that I mean the SG3 is about to be announced real soon along with the tegra 3 devices and s4 equips.
2. the hardware is a POS 4460 with it\\\'s old architect gpu is just that OLD. compared to the powerVR on the new Iphones it\\\'s a joke.
3. The new razr bench mark was only 2500 compared to the gs2 3400+ on stock unrooted. So how much can the nexus be I doubt it can beat the gs2. Also don\\\'t give me that crap about the screen resolution because it has been said time and time again that it\\\'s only a 5% difference.
4. When review on youtube compared to browser experience between the razr, gs2, and the 4s the razr was like studdering when panning, pinch to zoom etc... so I bet the nexus which uses to ti omap 4460 is almost the same.
5. the new android OS while looking new and nice is probably full of bugs
6. Verizon is selling this POS for $300 plus tax and activation fee so that\\\'s like $400+ you could get better phones for a fraction of that price
7. No gorilla glass IDC what test they do with this new glass it has not been proven by day to day use that it is good
wow I can go on and on but whatever...
4. sum182 posted on 19 Nov 2011, 17:59 3 1
dudes just an angry troll, and if you look at stupid point 5, he attacks android in general, so *most likely* an apple fanboy
This has nothing to do with this article, go be an a** somewhere else.
5. taco50 (banned) posted on 19 Nov 2011, 18:14 2 11
Hahaha a new troll. This one should balance out the android trolls such as remix and andro
6. SoJUICED posted on 19 Nov 2011, 20:16 0 0
Best buys is horrible!! Who wants to send their phone out to be inspected for 2 weeks before possibly getting a replacement. Don't listen to them in the store, they will not automatically replace it on the spot. Get apple care
8. CaptainCool posted on 19 Nov 2011, 23:14 0 0
I've got the Best Buy insurance and I've sent my phone out 4 times in the past year. Each time it's only out for 3 days and I haven't had to pay anything. Sprint would've kicked me off a long time ago.
11. networkdood posted on 20 Nov 2011, 08:45 0 0
I always get BEST BUY extended warranty plans - I took a Blu-Ray player back once and got an instant exchange for a newer and better model, and the plan was like 2.00 a year.
7. johnny9000 posted on 19 Nov 2011, 21:08 0 0
Applecare is a MUCH better option now that it covers accidental damage than going with insurance protection with a wireless carrier. Verizon is 5.18 a month with a $100 deductible and 2 claims per year. AT&T is 6.99 a month and a whopping $199 deductible with 2 claims per year. Sure, either carrier is less in a year's time with the per month costs, but the Applecare deductible is much much less, especially AT&T. AT&T's deductible is obscene.
12. Scuba_Steve posted on 20 Nov 2011, 12:10 0 0
Asurion (vzw) is crap haha the iPhone is 9.99 a month with a 200 deductable.
13. Scuba_Steve posted on 20 Nov 2011, 12:11 0 0
I go through protect cell, it's not as cheap as apple care(just comparing) but not as expensive as asurion. Membership programs and full coverage for two years.
Apple care+ is the only way to go with iPhone because any other service is too expensive. Apple care is a joke though, VZW automatically gives you a one year manufacture warrenty.
14. ivanko34 posted on 20 Nov 2011, 12:12 0 1
How much costs to service an iphone for instance glass damaged ?
15. biophone posted on 20 Nov 2011, 14:12 0 0
A lot of people don't realize this but to fix the front of the iPhones glass its pretty expensive because of the screen. However to fix that back is cheap. You have to have glass on the front but having glass on the back is cheap to repair so its not really such a bad idea. Plus it looks amazing.
16. ivanko34 posted on 20 Nov 2011, 14:38 0 0
Apple gives you a new phone or its a phone refurbished repaired that was the phone of someone else ?
17. biophone posted on 20 Nov 2011, 14:44 0 0
To fix the back of the phone you just have to get a new piece of glass take that old piece out and replace it. Apple has amazing customer care and are usually very friendly. I broke my phone didn't even buy apple care and they replaced it for me. Also went their for support without apple care and they helped me. I did buy apple care for my computer and I was able to call them up and they helped me over the phone. The service is amazing but I am not sure if they give refurbished stuff maybe someone else knows
18. biophone posted on 20 Nov 2011, 14:46 0 0
O yeah and apple care was expired on my old apple iMac and they still gave me a brand new motherboard.
19. BattleBrat posted on 20 Nov 2011, 21:23 0 0
Hmmm, I use square trade $120 for two years + accidental coverage on my RAZR $50 deductible. Used a coupon and got it for $99, Covered the lapdock 100 as a laptop, $60 accidental coverage three years.