Apple announces EarPods: “earphones that fit everyone”
"Making earphones that fit for everyone would be like making shoes that are the same size that fit everyone's feet. But that's what we've tried to do," Apple chief designer Jonathan Ive explained the idea behind the EarPods.
Designed to direct sound better into the ear, the new earbuds have taken Apple 3 years of development effort.
Apple is starting to ship the new EarPods as a standalone accessory and they will be available starting from today. Of course, they are also coming bundled with the iPhone 5, the new iPod touch and new iPod nano.
1. TheCastled0 (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Finally, a pair of earphones that won't hurt my ears lol
3. Savage (unregistered)
Okay, now Apple cares about comfort for ears. Took you long enough!
4. mas11 (Posts: 1028; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Good to know they are more comfortable. Now if only they looked as good as the old ones...
5. hariprasath.j (Posts: 27; Member since: 27 Mar 2012)
atlast.... we could see some new design from Apple today.
6. mrbtree (Posts: 59; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
still perfer my sony mdr-ex60lp earphones, bass is nuts
7. frustyak (Posts: 148; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
Will they still snag on your collar if you turn your head?
8. BattleBrat (Posts: 1067; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I wonder what the boys at head-fi think of these. I prefer my Sony MDR-EX1000's with custom tips, or Etymotic ER4PT's....
9. blade19 (Posts: 58; Member since: 29 Apr 2011)
Sounds (no pun intended) cool .... but I'll stick with my Ultimate Ears 700s
10. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
considering iphone style earphones are the least comfortable things out there.. its about damn time.
Fits all ears.. oh you mean like those rubber in ear ones that have been out forever ? lol
12. Vinayakn73 (Posts: 119; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
ARE those for aliens. looks so weird. thought only aliens used to use iPhone