Alltel now offers LG Rhythm
LG Rhythm Specifications
1. (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:42 0 0
looks kinda cool
8. (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2008, 14:28 0 0
3. (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2008, 10:40 0 0
actually im pretty sure thats how they spell it for the phone
4. Anomalies posted on 16 Oct 2008, 10:53 0 0
Nope, I double checked Alltel's site, it's called the Rhythm over there
29. Zayee Karamellyy (unregistered) posted on 15 Feb 2011, 09:58 0 0
all look the same to meh.!!
5. (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2008, 10:55 0 0
looks like a chocolate
6. (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2008, 12:00 0 0
hopefully doesn't have have the same problems as the chocolate
7. (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2008, 14:27 0 0
hopefully you don't eat it
9. vzw fanboy (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2008, 15:07 0 0
haha lol...is vz still planning on aquiring alltel? ... im going to ditch my voyager in january for the blackberry storm, because its supposed to be more than a blackberry it will have all the vcast services including tv so im very excited.
10. vzw fangirl (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2008, 16:32 0 0
i agree... but back on topic! this phone is soooooooooooooo cute... spec wise...
16. (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2008, 16:33 0 0
im gonna laugh if the guy who is typing as vzw fanboy and vzw fangirl, is the same person.
21. (unregistered) posted on 18 Oct 2008, 09:14 0 0
looks like a repackaged Venus
22. (unregistered) posted on 18 Oct 2008, 12:56 0 0
So obviously you all are lame because you don't realize that Alltel has been copying Sprint's whole line up since say......the dawn of time. This is bascally their version of the Highnote that sprint is about to unleash on all of you bitches. I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a Rant wanna be just like they came out with the nock off Rumor,the "Scoop".
24. mkl4466 posted on 19 Oct 2008, 14:55 0 0
sort of... Except that the Venus has a miniature touch screen to replace the Dpad and soft keys, where this has a spin wheel, and touch capacitance light up buttons on the front face. So really you could say it looks [NOTHING] like a Venus. There is however another LG slider on VZW that it resembles (see my post further down). Nice try though.
11. (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2008, 17:30 0 0
Why d othey keep ading new phones when VZW now owns them, and most Altell users will be switched over by Dec? Doesn't make sense.
23. primewax (unregistered) posted on 18 Oct 2008, 14:46 0 0
VZW does NOT own them, not yet. The acquisition has not yet been approved. It's pretty much a given though. I wonder what will happen to these Alltel devices if they have to switch. Will VZW approve them on their new Open Network, or possibly unlock the ESNs for use in thier systems? Who knows, but it'll be interesting to see.
12. Jyakotu (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2008, 18:01 0 0
So, Alltel is still releasing phones...even though Verizon Wireless is going to buy them out. Interesting.
13. Me (unregistered) posted on 16 Oct 2008, 21:07 0 0
technically vzw did not buy alltel yet, they are still in the process of sorting out some of the legal stuff before the actual purchase is complete. so they are still considered vz's competitor that is until the transaction is complete.
14. lilamar09 (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2008, 08:11 0 0
its a first gen chocolate for alltel
17. (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2008, 16:34 0 0
great. another piece of crap
26. (unregistered) posted on 25 Oct 2008, 22:54 0 0
The Rhythm is a great phone,alltel has alwasys been better than any other company,mainly cause of mycircle witch no other company is able to match. VERIZON SUCKS T-MOBILE SUCKS SPRINT SUCKS at&t SUCKS U.S. CELLUAR SUCKS NET10 SUCKS
15. (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2008, 15:03 0 0
I really wish this was the Chocolate 3
18. mkl4466 posted on 17 Oct 2008, 19:11 0 0
As a happy owner of a second gen chocolate (vx8550), and not wanting to give it up because I love the spin wheel (nothing works better for moving quickly through a long list of contacts), I can say I'm very excited about this phone. It has all the features of the chocolate, plus FM capabilites like the chocolate3, and it still has the spin wheel! the icon screen in the middle of the spin wheel is cool, even though it doesn't serve much practical purpose. I just wanna know 2 things: does that spin wheel also serve as a 4way dpad, as on the chocolate 8550 and the juke, or do you have to actually spin the wheel to move through all the menu elements? And once VZW aquires alltel (pending legal approval) could I get this phone (either from a corporate store or secondhand) and activate it on an existing VZW account? Will there be any way to access VZW features such as vcast, Get it Now, and mobile web, from an Alltel branded handset? I know the CDMA networks are the same, but does anyone know if Alltel uses Brew like VZW for downloadable media? And if so, would the handset need to a flash update to pickup Verizon menu/media options? Would that even be possible? I know alot of this belongs on a forum for the Alltel/VZW transition (is there a forum for that?) Nevertheless, this looks like a cool phone. Almost wanna call it the Chocolate 2 1/2. If it isn't possible to reflash it for VZW services, maybe VZW will just pick it up. That would be too awesome. I doubt that would happen though; Alltel seems to get some cool exclusives, just like the Glimmer, which we'll never see on VZW.
19. (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2008, 19:17 0 0
Looks like a pretty cool phone. Except for the horrible battery life. Only 2 hours of talk time? Seriously?!
20. (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2008, 22:17 0 0
Yeah Chocolate 2.5 would be cool. As for v Cast and all the other stuff, I don't knw ut I hope Altell phones will be capable of using it because Im on Verizon now and this phone looks cool to me but I dont think I'll switch just for it though. Im just wondering how they're gonna pull this thing off. Are current Altell customers gonna keep their phones and plans until the contract expires or are they gonna automatically switch. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
25. AlltelRepKville (unregistered) posted on 21 Oct 2008, 13:18 0 0
On CDMA networks you can activate the ESN from another providers phone onto their network, however, the software on the phones are not the same so it wouldn't wok on their networks. For example, if you have a VZW phone, if you flashed it, and then installed Alltel's programming for the same model of phone, then yes, it would work. Otherwise you're just wasting your money.
27. (unregistered) posted on 29 Oct 2008, 14:46 0 0
The vid that they put up on YouTube shows more of the featureshttp://www.youtube.com/view_pl
ay_list?p=343972CFC4CD7EF1I like it in black.
28. Nick Decoursin (unregistered) posted on 20 Nov 2008, 08:29 0 0
I have this phone and it is sooooooooooooooooo sawwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttt!!! All the kids at school think i'm cool now because I have it. I'm actually popular now.