AT&T achieves best-ever sales day thanks to the iPhone 3GS
This article contains unofficial information.
“1. Fact of the Week: On June 25, the day Michael Jackson died, text messages sent on our network spiked at 65,000 messages per second — the largest volume ever recorded — surpassing events like American Idol voting and New Year's Eve, when millions of our customers wish their friends and family a happy new year via text."
2. "iLaunch day 2009 was one for the record books, as AT&MP;T customers scrambled to get their hands on the fastest, most powerful iPhone yet.
Here's a look at some of the milestones we achieved:
* Best-ever sales day in our retail stores
* Second-largest traffic day in our retail stores
* Most transactions processed via our IT systems in a single day
* Most upgrade eligibility checks in a single day
* Largest order day in att.com history
* Largest features sales day in att.com history
On this year's launch day, iPhone sales exceeded sales recorded on 2008's iPhone launch day, Black Friday 2008 and Dec. 26, 2008 — all heavy-volume sales days. In fact, this year we surpassed 2008's launch day sales at about noon Central time, and sustained our previous peak hour record, also set in 2008, for 11 straight hours.”
2. sprntfanboi02 (Posts: 41; Member since: 25 Jun 2009)
oh wow......and this from apples anncouncement next week.....biggest return day ever
4. *HOVA* (Posts: 564; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Yea, turns out it wasn't a huge flop with tech issues like the Storm was. I believe your comment is in reference to that phone, not the iPhone.
7. PapaJay224 (Posts: 866; Member since: 08 Feb 2009)
it was also the same day sprint fired all there customers, or lost there customers...its like being drunk you dont know where everybody went, OR who you called the night before and told them to *F* off....Sprint needs an intervention...LOL
9. sprntfanboi02 (Posts: 41; Member since: 25 Jun 2009)
@ hova.....im pretty sure i said iphone.....unless of course by me saying apple you thought i meant blackberry......stupid stupid stupid
5. Sprntfanboi03 (Posts: 11; Member since: 29 Jun 2009)
Yeah, it only took three generations of the iPhone to implement such advanced technologies as cut and paste as well as video, keep truck'n apple.
10. sprntfanboi02 (Posts: 41; Member since: 25 Jun 2009)
every one cares.....we all need to jump on the apple bandwagon so we can all be alike and have the best phone ever
11. d4sidney (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
So should we jump on the sprint bandwagon? oh wait, they don't have one...