Samsung SGH-X510 User Reviews Back

Leentjek posted on May 15, 2008, 5:51 PM

5.6

Hmmm...

Seems cheap compared to its original price. Luckily, I got it with an offer for only 39€...

I got a Samsung because I had been so satisfied by my previous which lasted 4 years, but this one is a bit of a dissapointment.

Bad navigation, few features and, although it may not be as important: the worst choise of ringtones!

I've only had it for a couple of days so I can't say more.

Wilhelm posted on Mar 24, 2008, 10:13 AM

big dissapointment - will immediately sell this phone

user interface is very weak - the menu design is just not intuitive or easy to use. my first Samsung and my last - noticed that all Samsung have more or less the same problem - no problem if you're not used to any better but really disturbing if you're used to functional & user-centric design.

eric posted on Feb 14, 2008, 6:47 AM

5.8

it's okay i guess

This is my first Samsung phone. The physical design is fine with me. In fact, I like it quite a bit. It's what attracted me in the first place.

Comparing it with my old Nokia, it's easier to use in some cases, terribly inconvenient in most others.

I like the ability to just press a number and open that particular menu selection without scrolling down. However, it took me several days to find out how to use delete-all. The manual is terribly inadequate in this rerard.

Accessing the phone book is a pain. I wish I could open the phone book by just pressing the right soft key (upper right button) and getting the list of contacts immediately. With this phone, I need several key presses before I get the list.

Sending a text message is a major pain! Opening the text editor is real easy but they compensated for that by complicating the sending steps. It takes 9 steps to send a message! Are all Samsung phones like this?

Okay, I'm not much interested in taking photos with my phone or getting ring tones once a day. In fact, I'm not interested in getting ring tones at all so the features of the X510 is alright with me. I just wish they'd made it easier to use.

tj lavares posted on Jan 07, 2008, 6:07 PM

infrared is working

i think the IR is working..they wouldnt create a phone with an IR and the IR isnt working???

anonymous posted on Dec 23, 2007, 11:13 AM

very very bad n disappointing

The design is ok but has no features. infrared is not at all working. could not transfer any pictures or ring tones to the other phone or to the PC. very very disappointing. No USB cable for this model.Its such a waste of MONEY.

ronald posted on Nov 11, 2007, 2:20 PM

4.4

such a waste of money

physical design is good, performance is fair, but connectivity to transfer pictures..very sad...if i only knew that it cannot transfer the picture to PC i shouldn't bought this phone

AJ posted on Sep 24, 2007, 3:45 AM

2.4

Even more disppointments

To add on my review, there is not even a way of transferring the photos onto your sim card to put in another phone like for instance a working Nokia.
When you try and download a user manual, they give you a 2 page pamphlet showing you how to switch on the phone, and a menu layout. That is it!
I cannot believe Samsung gets and holds customers with such poor support and user guides.
I am either just missing something, or its a stupid phone.

AJ posted on Sep 24, 2007, 3:34 AM

4.8

Very disappointed

I have taken 100 photos and are trying to download onto my PC.
There is no way to get it done.
Firstly IR does not work.
They say the phone has got USB, but it does not. Dont even have a data cable to connect to PC. Cant even find it as an extra to purchase seperately.
There is software on Samsung site to manage photos, but how do they want you to conmnect your phone to the PC?
The only way to get photos off phone is to MMS to another phone like a Nokia that actually allows PC connectivity.
That is 100 photos (for now) times the MMS price. Other phones can do it for free, why not Samsung?

Bartosz Wojciechowski posted on Apr 16, 2007, 4:08 AM

nice, but infrared doesn't work

The phone has really nice design! There is one thing however - the infrared port lets you only exchange phone numbers and only with other samsung phones - no photos or melodies:-/

OLUCHI posted on Mar 29, 2007, 12:11 PM

cool hey

i think is a really cool phone and i'd like pewople to buy it because has a good design and quality features it may not have vidoe recording but it is truley a good phone

Mërgim Kukleci posted on Jan 23, 2007, 2:42 AM

Hello

Ithink that the design is just great!Also the price and all the features are very economical.I personaly congratulate you for the achievment and wish you further success.