x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Battery7.3/10
Everyday usage8.3/10
UI speed9.3/10

applesnapple93
posted on 28 Nov 2016, 20:38 (Posts: 107; Member since: 06 Jan 2016)

Awesome phone

applesnapple93 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Came from a nexus 5x. This phone is truly a beast. The OS has a blazing fast user experience, i have yet to see the phone hiccup in any way at all. Biggest difference i notice is loading some data heavy apps such as messenger (i rarely delete my messages), i ported over all of my messages and i just fly between conversations with no lag. my nexus 5x would have delays and some times needs to catch up with me. the camera is also a huge upgrade. I don't really notice any better quality... but the huge upgrade is that it launches almost instantly and pictures are captured instantly with no delay what so ever. Now the battery life.... i was absolutely astonished by the battery life of the Nexus 5x when i received it (coming from an iphone 6). I would charge the phone once a day and would easily get 8-14 hours of moderate-heavy use with rapid charging within 90 minutes. The Pixel completely builds on this. so far i am getting 26-30 hours of moderate-heavy use on a full charge. it is absolutely amazing. full charging from 0-100% takes 1 hour 45 minutes tops.

the speaker is night and day coming from the nexus 5x, however it is not as loud and satisfying as the 6p stereo speakers. Also on the bottom of the phone there are 2 speaker grills... only one of them is he speaker.

Another personal preference is that i became accustom to the plastic feel of the nexus 5x with the grippy mat plastic finish on the back. The pixel feels really delicate in my hands and extremely slippery without...

Build quality 10/10 premium design. Does feel slippery in hands compared to nexus 5x grippy finish.
Reception 10/10 have 1-2 more bars average in same location compared to my nexus
Call quality 10/10 the speaker quality is amazing on these phones
Internet 10/10 extremely fast internet browsing experience. no lag what so ever
Multimedia 9/10 disappointed there are no stereo speakers. mono speaker is still very loud with good bass
Camera 10/10 instantaneous shutter. very good picture quality. launches instantaneously. very bright flash
UI speed 10/10 i've thrown my heaviest multitasking at the phone and it hasn't had a problem
Everyday usage 8/10 This is a personal decision to make it an 8 out of spite. the default notifcation, alarm, and ringtones are absolute GARBAGE. otherwise 10/10
Text input 10/10 no keyboard lag
Display 9/10 display is gorgeous. only reason i gave it a 9 and not a 10 is the ambient display bug.
Battery 10/10 26-30 hours. amazing! charges in under 2 hours!

Pros

• camera ui speed
  • OS ui speed
  • fast charging
  • data speed
  • speaker volume
  • reception

Cons

• no stereo speaker
  • raise for ambient display not working
  • very slippery outside of case
  • default ringtones!!!!!!!!

applesnapple93 alternatives:

captain_owen99
posted on 06 Aug 2017, 19:28 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Aug 2017)

6.5

Google Pixel 128GB - Very Silver

captain_owen99 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I am writing a review for Google Pixel 128GB Very Silver, on Cricket.

To me, the Battey isn't good (every 1% lasts about 45 seconds) -- I use my phone alot so this is a problem. If you don't use your phone a ton, you don't think their SMS is ugly, and don't mind no water resistantance, this is a great phone. It takes calls ok for me but it doesn't work for my mom so I gave it a 3. It's pretty tough, and with a screen protector doesn't need a case. Plus it's beautiful--other than those oversized bezels. And I love the fingerprint scanner. Overall, it's a pretty good phone, I'd say it's worth $300-350.

• Android feel
  • Fingerprint scanner
  • AI Assistant

• Water Resistantance
  • SMS
  • Phone calls

dknappert
posted on 12 Dec 2016, 10:00 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Dec 2016)

A+

dknappert has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I loved my Nexus 5. But once I needed CMDA I switched to the Droid turbo. This phone is night and day compared to both of those phones. The camera, display, charging time, speaker quality, battery all a huge improvement from what I was using.

I also love the fact that google gives you free unlimited original-quality photo and video backups with this phone. Some people complained about not having the option of using a sd card, but with the pixel you likely wouldn't need expandable memory.

Build quality 10/10 I always use a case on my phones, but even outside the case the phone feels solid and the glass on the back actually helps with the grip
Reception 10/10 No issues with reception, even picks up better than my Droid Turbo did
Call quality 10/10 The speaker is clear, and people have no issues hearing me
Internet 10/10 On both wifi and 4g the internet is quick. Once again no issues
Multimedia 9/10 The Speaker sounds good and loud. But not as good as some other high end smartphones
Camera 10/10 This thing takes extremely good pictures very quickly. The low light pictures are amazing and also the video quality. The stabilization and slow mo work perfect as well.
UI speed 10/10 iv'e been able to cast youtube while watching netflix and running updates. Handled like a pro
Everyday usage 10/10 I like the size and speed of this phone. It's easy to whip out and make a quick call, send a quick text or set a reminder.
Text input 10/10 I usually use voice texting, if it's a loud area it can still pickup easily and if i whisper is still picks it up. The swipe text works great also
Display 10/10 I really like the screen. The everything looks really good. The only thing i would say is if you are using the Daydream VR, it would be nice if the pixel had a little better resolution
Battery 10/10 This phone doesn't have a very big battery but android really nailed it when it comes to using the battery efficiently. I can easily get a full day from the battery and if i'm just using it for talk and text, 2 days is no issue. Charge time is less than 2 hours

Pros

• Quick charge
  • Daydream VR
  • Battery efficiency

Cons

• Daydream VR Resolution
  • Kinda pricey