Samsung SPH-M330 User Reviews

M. McDuffee
posted on 26 Jul 2010, 07:30

Samsung M330 Stinks

My wife and I upgraded our phones this spring (April 2010) and switched our service from Nextel to Sprint.  It shouldn't be a difference, since they are essentially the same company.  However, the signal is so weak using Sprint with the M330 phone, that the batteries can run down in less than 24 hours. We don't have a lot of dropped calls, but the break-up in the audio quality of the conversation is annoying.

Ajit Thokchom
posted on 07 Jul 2010, 15:07

Samsung M330 - poor reception

This phone gets heated so fast. I hope it does not explode due to heating, It has very poor reception. it gets disconnected in the middle of calls, often even in the area where Sprint has good coverage. It does not hook up well with my sony blue tooth, which hooks up well with other phones.. Normally I like Samsung phones, but not this one.

Pros

• rubust build, scratch proof.. it does not create trouble, I have dropped this several times... it has got a long calling history. I like this one. And I use the alarm feature, that's okay.. any other phone does that.. every feature works well, no issues in particular..

Cons

• the phone has very poor reception. The quality of voice received is pathetic, not sure how Samsung tested this phone before production.. Not having good tools like units converter, earlier Samsung phones used to have that.. the handsfree output is not compatible with standard earphone pin..

AGBDR
posted on 26 Mar 2010, 22:12

Its okay?

Well the only problem with my Samsung-M330 is that it shuts off by itself occassionally. I don't have a problem with the battery life especially for someone who talks hours on the phone and texts constantly. Oh also no camera recorder and the display is pixelized. But that doesn't really bother me. Its a good phone for you, if you are someone who likes simple. That's about it.

Pros

• Portable, soft keys which makes it easy to text, organizes call histories, simple, and helpful applications (alarms, schedulers, tip calculator, regular calculator, etc.) and nice design

Cons

• Bad signal, bad graphics, no camera recorder, does not organize text messages well, slow web browsing and turns off on its own

Louis Dorazio
posted on 12 Mar 2010, 08:42

Both husband and Wife

Both my wife and I upgraded to the Samsung M330 (with Sprint). This was a free upgrade and thus resulted in a classic case of "You get what you pay for". First thing we noticed is that battery life stinks. The phones would not stay charged. Second (on both phones) we had to crack the back case and jiggle the battery to get them to charge correctly. And third but not least, I have had calls drop out. My wife lost her phone (under the car seat) for two weeks and went back to her old Motorola. When we found her M330, she decided to stick with the Motorola (no dropped calls on that phone). The phone is cute, the speaker is pretty good considering, and the camera is decent. I consider the phone to be junk and do not reccomend it to anyone. I wish I could have my old Nokia back.

Pros

• Decent speaker and camera. Easy to use

Cons

• Bad battery life, diffulty in charging, dropped calls

Kaylee Berg
posted on 13 Feb 2010, 15:25

good phone

The Samsung SPH-M330 is a great phone if you like to text and send messages. It's a great beginer phone and I like it  but if you want a complicated phone this is not the phone for you. No full keyboard not the greatest web browsing. Good still photo camera, no camcorder mode. Bad battery life. There are good notifications for missed messages and calls. Can't send messages from albums without connecting to the internet. Overall my opinion is that the Samsung SPH-M330 is a great phone to have for a year or so. Not a good long term phone.

Pros

• Good for messaging, easy to figure out, Good still camera

Cons

• Low battery life, no camcorder, slow sending messages

Liz
posted on 14 Nov 2009, 12:23

ok phone

I recently bought the m330 and don't like it all.  Samsung has down hill with this phone. The battery doesn't stay charged.  You have to have a screen saver on your phone which uses your battery up.  It has doesn't have the feature that previous Samsung models have.  It doesn't tell you who's calling when you have a blue tooth in your ear.  I'm going to switch back to my Sanyo Eclipse.  It's a light phone.

Pros

• slider, light weight

Cons

• battery, doesn't have the feature where it tells you who's calling when you have a blue tooth in your ear. can't turn off the screen saver.