Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom User Reviews

Internet9.8/10
Call quality8.5/10
Battery8.5/10

londontown
posted on 14 Aug 2014, 19:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Aug 2014)

Love my Galaxy S4 Zoom!

londontown has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Both I and my daughter in law have the S4 Zoom & we LOVE it! If you always wished you could carry your good quality camera around with you, as well as your smartphone, this combines the 2. Great for people who love to take good photos. Lots of reviews complain about the size & weight- we find it comfortable to hold & use & like the chunky feel. We don't find it too big or heavy. It will fit in your pocket. Because I have a problem with my eyes, I would like to have a bigger screen size & more pixels, which the newer K Zoom has. I may change my phone for the K zoom, but I have no desire to go back to digital zoom phones. The optical zoom on this mobile has become a necessity for me. The phone is not that powerful, being only an S4 mini inside, but I have almost no lag, it functions smoothly & quickly. It's not the best mobile phone, but it's very good. It's not the best compact zoom camera, but it's very good. Having both together & being able to take it out with me everyday is brilliant!

Build quality 9/10 Well made, handles drops ok (as long as nothing major)
Reception 8/10 Better than my old mobiles
Call quality 6/10 Don't know if it's my carrier or the phone. sometimes not clear quality for phone calls
Internet 10/10 Quick
Multimedia 10/10 Quick, efficient
Camera 9/10 As good as a compact camera. Usually good photos. Great having the zoom & image stabilisation
UI speed 7/10 No problems
Everyday usage 10/10 phone works well, clear screen, camera works very well
Text input 9/10 Quick & responsive.
Display 8/10 Very good display, but not as good as the larger Galaxy phones. wish the screen was a bit bigger.
Battery 8/10 With general use, it will last the day. If taking lots of photos or watching videos, will need to be recharged during the day.

Pros

• A very good mobile & a very good camera- all in one!

Cons

• I'd like a slightly bigger screen. I don't like having to take off the lens cap to take photos, but this is the same with most high end cameras, so not a fault with the phone.

Dario
posted on 18 Jan 2014, 13:28 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Jan 2014)

Galaxy s4 Zoom

Dario has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Sorry for my english but i am from Mexico

I liked galaxy zoom alot! Its a great phone with good caracteristics and the camera is excellent! You have to think that it can be compared with the nokia 1020 but in price it is better.
I also liked that it is compatible with 4G and the internet speed is excellent.

jkristian718
posted on 11 Nov 2013, 09:24 (Posts: 0; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)

S4 Zoom IDK

jkristian718 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is a phenomenal camera and could be a greater phone if Samsung put it on a regular S4 "chassis" if you will. It's too small to have such a large camera and the battery should have been a lot stronger to accomodate all of the features that the s4 has innately.
My hands are large and I struggle with holding on to it! It's a hot camera and I enjoy taking pics of my family but I also need a phone that won't die out on me before the end of the day. Seriously thinking about the Nokia 1020 as a replacement.

Build quality 6/10 Too small of a frame for such a power packed camera

Pros

• Camera -obviously

Roboto999
posted on 30 Oct 2013, 13:24 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)

Versatile

Roboto999 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I personally think that S4 Zoom is versatile as for taking pictures with only a press of a button whether it's from the screen or from the built in button at the side of the phone. If it's compared to Lumia pureview I'd say that Lumia did a very well job on that but not many realize that to compensate for it's large MP it has sacrificed the sensor instead but still did a great job at it . In the meanwhile Zoom however has a balanced MP with a greater sensor which helps with Color correction and Noise reduction aswell as great low-light photography. With a great feature of 10x Optical zoom and still retains the crisp of the taken photo at any distance.

Build quality 8/10 Even though It's bulky , It's pretty sturdy for a camera phone.
Call quality 10/10 Like any other smartphones , this also has It's own capability to call.
Internet 10/10 This gadget works well with any other wifi depending on the speed.
Multimedia 9/10 This gadget maintains the multimedia quality even if it has a compact camera on the back.
Camera 10/10 As I have said in the description a great phone like S4 mini with a superior compact camera at the back.
UI speed 10/10 The reduction of the resolution and increased RAM really did have a difference and has a faster response rate.
Everyday usage 10/10 I pretty much use this phone for daily use in calling , texting , uploading and it did a very well job .
Text input 9/10 The Samsung text input was just normal but because of the swype everything got very easy once you get used to it.
Display 9/10 The screen is very smooth and anti-scratch free thanks to Gorrila glass 3 . I could have given this a 10 but because of the reduced resolution I'll have to give it a 9
Battery 10/10 The battery usage of this is like my Samsung TB 3 It depends on how you use it but I did use it for 2 continous days without it reaching to 30%

Pros

• Superior Camera 16MP BMI COSMOS
  • Easy OS Interface
  • Plenty of Smart modes
  • 10x Optical Zoom
  • 2.330 battery for sustaining longer usage
  • Larger storage with Micro SD cards
  • Larger RAM for multiple tabs