Windows Phone's 'app gap' with the other platforms will be closed in 2014, says Joe Belfiore
11. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 346; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
MS is going to merge the WP store & Windows store together & this way they are going to close the gap.
18. androiphone20 (Posts: 1118; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
yea, well lets see how that plays out cuz Apple is also busy optimizing an app store specifically for the ipad
2. akki20892 (Posts: 2656; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Wp here today bcoz of Nokia. Don't forget that ms.
3. Shenoy (Posts: 22; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
i completely agree to to that...Its only coz of nokia, ms is in the picture
6. spectrums (Posts: 127; Member since: 14 Nov 2013)
i will sleep if i want, not yet time to sleep :D
12. GeekMovement (Posts: 1497; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
True if not Nokia, I'd probably just stick with Android.
16. papss (Posts: 3398; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Same reason I went to wp8 from android. Now I prefer wp8 to android.
7. ArtSim98 (Posts: 1115; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
WP sure is growing fast, but I don't believe that windows store will catch up with google play or app store that fast.
10. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 491; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
I think he is talking about mainstream apps. not garbage apps. and Loooots of those on google play.
8. potatosalad (Posts: 32; Member since: 07 May 2012)
ehh? seriously. like, native FB app, no web browsers except IE and UCBrowser
9. BReND0 (Posts: 51; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I honestly feel that google And Apple both bribe or pay off developers NOT to create the apps for windows phone. I mean this long for instagram? And everyone knows the resentment of google towards windows phone. Deny basic google apps for wp8 users is retarded. Being that 60 to 70 percent of people using iOS use gmail, google maps , chrome , g+ all them apps. At such a slow adoption rate it justs looks they the big two have a hand in windows app store slow growth. Who cares how much microsoft makes in royalties off you. If people like the platform. Give it a chance and make the apps. .
14. DigitalJedi_X2 (banned) (Posts: 346; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
I highly doubt Google & CR@pple are paying off developers not to create for WP. CR@pple, for instance, has no need to. Neither does Google. But let's say Google was doing it... I'd say BRAVO to them. All of the dirty tricks and shenanigans M$ pulls on Google just because they can't compete with them mano y mano, M$ would deserve it. But no... Google withholding its apps from M$ is enough for now. Wish they would do the same with CR@pple. That said, good for WP that the app gap is finally closing. WP is buttery smooth. I'd dare say its smoother than Android and iOS. But it is because of Nokia though, that WP has gotten even this far.
20. androiphone20 (Posts: 1118; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
not really, developers are people and they want money. the build on wp has always been poor to build quality apps on so that much work plus less income for your app =/= developers.
iOS -> high income users -> quality apps + more $ for devs
android -> high + extremely low income users -> relatively quality apps + crappy apps (fragmentation issues )
wp -> more lower income users -> less to no quality apps
27. PBXtech (Posts: 623; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
You need to just stop, the more you run down Android the less people have any respect for your comments. Now according to you Android has extremely low income users, wow. Just wow.
13. abhishek0061 (Posts: 5; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
The app quality in wp is very very poor speciley comes in free games and apps most people download free apps and games and no access to storage bcoz no file manager and we cannot download any thing from its browser which should be changed quickly as possible
15. timezone (Posts: 66; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
The windows phone is excellent and people around the world are starting to realize it. The major apps are almost all in and the smaller companies are starting to jump in. As a few analysts have suggested, the time is ripe to jump in. If you don't jump in then an enormous opportunity will be lost.
Yes, Nokia did help get Microsoft to where they are today with the smartphone but without a great OS from Microsoft nothing Nokia could have done would have saved it. It was a shared win.
25. Gemmol (Posts: 441; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
thats what I preorder, the red one, we will be on the same team
19. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2099; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes...but try to make it more early.
21. abhishek0061 (Posts: 5; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
Just tell me how can i access my memory an how can i download any thing from browser
24. JkB_SlH (Posts: 4; Member since: 13 Nov 2013)
Until then, I wont touch any "windows based devices" again
I had enough frustration even when I had a full windows 8 device.
The desktop mode on these are not convenient at all, so you left with the "RT" tablet mode without apps
26. drkavint (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
really most of application in windows are crap and are to be scrapped... my experience.. just go to windows store, search angry birds.. download first two TOP applications...u will get nothing but scrap applications not angry birds game... try the same on google play.. first appk is game... useless windows...
28. JkB_SlH (Posts: 4; Member since: 13 Nov 2013)
In addition, you have to pay much more money on windows store for same free and paid apps on google play.
I've checked several apps and found out that for most of free apps in google play you gonna pay in windows store and for the paid apps in google play you gonna pay at least 80% more for the same app in windows store
Oh well, I'll say it again, I'm happy of getting rid of my windows 8 device
29. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
windows app store makes me laugh (because i dont have to put up with it). Since when did people need 20 different dodgy copies of the facebook app?
31. londoner (Posts: 32; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
Apps, apps, apps
When GRINDR is going to be launched on wp????????????
32. timezone (Posts: 66; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
It is good there are choices in the world. No need to trash Windows to feel superior. If you can't feel good about your choice in phones then maybe you did make the wrong decision. Windows phone users are confident in the choice we made. We know it offers a great experience and when people see it they want to join the fun.
33. abhishek0061 (Posts: 5; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
i realy want to buy it but just tell me how to download any thing from its default browser