Start your car with NFC in your phone? Not until 2015
1. Hammerfest (Posts: 348; Member since: 12 May 2012)
This is actually an idea floated around back with WiFi then Bluetooth...
I would like to see this, wireless charging, plus NFC vehicle access, AND go the extra step in those states/country's where they dont allow txt/handset calls while driving and add an emergency tone to blair through the speakers when the phone is removed from the docking area... I might add disable the vehicle after a set amount of time if its removed, but that could lead to more harm then good these days (I have passed my phone to others when their own was dead or they didnt have one)... Bluetooth would be better for care disabling since its range is enough to be within the entierty of the vehicle...
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4588; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Driver may have more than one phone or driver may use passenger's phone so there is no way how to control that.
3. osorto40 (Posts: 13; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)
Each device has its own address so no conflict there.
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4588; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You don't understand what I'm saying.
5. mahmoodh (Posts: 17; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
well when the drivers have more than one phone, they will use one like what u stated and other for texting and calling.
thts what is assume 'PhoneArenaUser' was trying to say.
6. Hammerfest (Posts: 348; Member since: 12 May 2012)
This is true yes, but when it comes to those situations, they are the "minority"...
A feature like this would catch the majority of people, if you havent been alive long enough, they dont care about the special cases, heck, almost no-one cares about special cases (except apple, they want you in jail for jailbreaking)!
8. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Well Apple would want every car controlled from Copper-Tin-O control center.
7. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So to steal such a car all that one would need to do is steal the phone ...?
9. torr310 (Posts: 303; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
What about wireless charge once my phone is detected in the car?