Samsung skipping ICS update, goes directly to Jelly Bean on Galaxy Ace 2
We’ve heard whispers about the Samsung Galaxy Advance also getting an update directly to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but we can’t see the official confirmation of that just yet.
So there you have it, sounds like a certain thing coming from an official Samsung account and we’re definitely excited about the prospect of getting Jelly Bean - the 4.1 update brings much, much faster and smoother experience to Android. You can also check out our in-depth review of the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 to see how it works on its current Gingerbread version.
source: Samsung Bulgaria via GSM Arena
1. loken posted on 12 Sep 2012, 06:58 0 1
ace 2 is sola competitor.. i hope sola gets jb quicker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. rusticguy posted on 12 Sep 2012, 07:32 1 1
Doesn't look likely soon. XP just got ICS after months of wating.
2. jroc74 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 07:17 2 1
Nice move Samsung. Wish other manufactures did more of this.
9. IamYourFather6657 posted on 13 Sep 2012, 08:03 0 0
its too old and lousy for that
Besides , its not produced anymore so do you think Samsung actually give a s**t ?
Root and flash CM9 yourself
14. rihel_95 posted on 03 Feb 2013, 07:57 0 0
CM9 is still in built for this phone. Last release was Alpha 3, no stable release yet.
10. IamYourFather6657 posted on 13 Sep 2012, 08:03 0 0
Jelly bean on such a low end device will lag .
Just like iOS6 for 3GS will lag
7. b0g23 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:15 0 0
strange ... samsung sweden anounce the update for samsung advance in the 4Q of 2012, i think the update for samsung i8160 will be in the 1Q of 2013 ... :)
8. SprSkl posted on 13 Sep 2012, 06:56 0 0
Respect for Samsung for this if this is true. I'm shocked and happy at the same time.
11. jonathandh posted on 17 Oct 2012, 05:51 0 0
This would be awesome, but I'm a bit sceptical..
12. suren1998 posted on 13 Jan 2013, 05:37 0 0
you people r so stupid . don't u think samsung will test jellybean on the ace 2 before officially announcing it? u haven't even seen it yet so shut ur faces