Qualcomm to help HTC with the marketing of the HTC One
Qualcomm Greater China VP, Shen Jin, has said that Qualcomm will not only cooperate with HTC on technology, product and carrier relationship level, but will also extend its collaboration to marketing. The chip maker and patent holder will be presenting a number of promotional videos at this year's Game Developers Conference, in which the Snapdragon 600-powered HTC One will be featured. That's great news for HTC, which has been continually blamed for lack of aggression when it comes to its approach to marketing.
Of course, HTC is not the only company to use Qualcomm's chipsets, but according to some unofficial sources, it'll get the special attention, because it was among the first wave of smartphone makers to utilize Qualcomm's latest technologies.
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Two years back when Qualcomm is having difficulties and everyone bash how awful the crapdragon is, yet only HTC manage to help him out...
right now when HTC is facing difficulties, of course, Qualcomm will definitely helps him out...
Talk about support....
11. Taters (Posts: 5796; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Um, their biggest customer back in the crap dragon days was still Samsung. Most GS2 variants used Qualcomm and same with Sony, not just HTC.
I think Qualcomm just probably expanded their marketing and will help market any product with their chipset, including HTC products. They already bragged about the chip being in a few handsets this year.
18. ankitp (Posts: 138; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
one profile picture had changed the whole story...well done wendygarett ...hahaha
19. Contreramanjaro (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
Samsung is now shifting into competitor zone. Look at the GS4. You can have the crazy new Samsung chip, or some other chip.
A lot of HTCs flagships seem to use Qualcomm.
22. Contreramanjaro (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
Except for proper LTE support. A Porche 911 is better than a Ford F150 all up until you have to haul a ton of gravel. It's all relative.
27. rd_nest (Posts: 1315; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Even snapdragon 600 doesn't have integrated LTE.
Learn to read before you comment.
25. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Wow..must be a record or something 29 thumbs up and not a single 1 down
2. aryanfr1 (Posts: 115; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Its not going to help HTC as HTC is one of the sole company which really makes awesome devices with few glitches as Non removable Battery,Non expandable memory(for many not a big deal) and worst of all no timely updates on its devices.
6. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1101; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
This is what i talk about, why does everyone hate HTC with no apparent reason? Lets rollback to 2012, their flagship the One X got Jellybean in October and the Galaxy S 3 in September, altough the Galaxy S3 update had some bugs, the LG Optimus 4X HD hasn't even got the update, the Xperia S also hasn't got the update afaik, the One S also has the update, i'm talking about phones released in the first half of 2012 here.
13. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
yup ! im an HTC fan happily using the beautifully crafted One S
14. Taters (Posts: 5796; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
People have very good reasons to hate HTC. Them really sucking at everything is a pretty valid reason.
15. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1101; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
You are just a blind hater, stop trolling.
17. Taters (Posts: 5796; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol You asked why people hated HTC. I gave you an answer.
Oh! I am sorry. Was that supposed to be a rhetorical HTC apologist question? ;)
23. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1101; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
You are just sad, get a life dude.
26. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
your answer is a disgrace and shouldnt be classed as a reply
''Them really sucking at everything is a pretty valid reason.''
weird you think they suck at everything yet the HTC one is doing pretty well in the camera department and for everyday use it will do everything needed and that samsungs flagship can do just as well. i chose samsung as i know your a real bad samsung fanboy
bottom line is HTC are showing real promise, least there trying something new and not just up-ing the specs and adding shiny gimmicky features
16. aryanfr1 (Posts: 115; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
You are right but brother what about other high end models
4. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1101; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Smart move by qualcomm, they help a brand that is in trouble improve their relationship with the brand therefore ensuring the brand will buy their products in the future, if HTC dies Qualcomm will feel a hit in the revenue. Smart move Qualcomm.. Smart move..
5. Dj_Yawar (Posts: 43; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
best of luck to both the companies... HTC is for sure a very good company... they just need a right time becz their products are better but no marketing...
7. NickPeters (Posts: 69; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
There is nothing more to say but that it's one great news for HTC. Best of luck.
8. xvasek (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
The best marketing for me would be the ability of recording 1080p 60 fps - because video from HTC ONE is quite choppy...
28. DKJnr (Posts: 24; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Well, GSMArena.com doesn't agree, they think HTC One has better video ability than SGS4 save for the codecs.
9. gogowho (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
I am tired of news about htc.
they do know how to marketing.
We are swamped with the crap, the review, the news
HTC really knows better about marketing than even Apple.
please focus your product quality, it is simple
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Thank you Qualcomm, you've earned our respect! :)
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Well instead of a cumulative 20% upgrade why not push the S800 instead of this midrange SOC? You can do much better than this if you want to help!
24. zizicomments (Posts: 5; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
this is great,to see two companies help each other in marketing ,tired of all the lawsuits,these two companies will achieve greatness I foresee
29. linneti15 (Posts: 49; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
They wouldn't say this to LG, Apple, Huawei or Samsung because both of them are interested in making their own chip sets (LG hasn't made one yet but they will). Windows Phone Manufacturers are forced to so only HTC, ZTE and Sony are left. And out of those, HTC have been the most loyal and are struggling. That is why they are helping HTC and not other companies.