First-gen Samsung Galaxy Note may soon get Jelly Bean
Although no release timing is known to us for this update, we're sure that it's very exciting for all Note users that it's coming. According to the source, Galaxy Note Jelly Bean update will bring Samsung's new Nature UX (which is great news considering that the old TouchWiz version was quite rough), the Air View feature (getting previews here and there just by pointing the stylus), Multi-Window view and surely some others, including Jelly Bean's signature features like Project Butter. Yummy!
And here's what this leaked JB firmware looks like on the Galaxy Note:
Samsung Galaxy Note Jelly Bean screenshots Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Samsung Galaxy Note Jelly Bean screenshots
20. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
ah finally some jelly bean sweet love for the phone that redefined smartphones!
2. mydi.maus (unregistered)
no jelly for note 2..
18. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 660; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i think you not know much about cellphones
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1223; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Meanwhile in a parallel universe , Note 10.1 has recieved android 4.2
17. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
when dude? r u talking about the indian firmware that leaked that isn't even 20% jelly bean cause it only has its name as 4.1?
5. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
No real reason to upgrade to the Note 2 now. I can buy a used Note for ATT for like $200 off contract.
13. Topcat488 (Posts: 1037; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I agree 100% with you @FranksGT... I'm sooooo happy that these special updates like Air View & Multi Window are coming to the Original Note... I was going to get the Note II but didn't because of the 16:9 ratio. I like the fat 16:10 ratio of the OG-Note, and hope that the Note III stays at 16:10... If the OG-Note doesn't receive any more update after this, I'm still happy and think my purchase was worth it... ;) Thanks Samsung.
16. Hammerfest (Posts: 348; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Screw 16:9... seriously... it makes me want to kill a kitten! and I love cats...
22. OHaZZaR (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
I love everything about the Note II except for the 16:9 ratio. The OG Note deviated from the norm which is why everyone loved it.
14. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
lucky you!! cant do that because im stuck on stupid verizon :(
7. sorcio46 (Posts: 392; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
My personal video review of this update for Note N7000 to 4.1.1 available here:http://youtu.be/aPW6LQ86MwI
11. protozeloz (Posts: 5326; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Nice, just don't add the word official because this is a leak build
15. Topcat488 (Posts: 1037; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
@ sorcio46 - Nice video mate, i watched all 8:31mins of it but was a little disappointed that you didn't mention/have the multi view. I even read all the comments, Okay the ones in spanish i didn't understand. But there is another video with jelly bean that does show a little more.
8. redmd (Posts: 785; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
that UI is really smooth. UI really makes the lag in phones. Will love my Note even more.
9. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
i was using CM10 with nimphitamin kernel, it was running at 1.8 it was much faster than JB4.1 .
10. angelesmec (unregistered)
Any news for the Jelly Bean update of the midrange Samsung Galaxy S Advance which is the same spec as the Galaxy S III Mini except only 256 MB less RAM at 768 MB..still waiting for the good news...
19. cncrim (Posts: 415; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Hopefully the update come before Christmas.
21. JGuinan007 (Posts: 605; Member since: 19 May 2011)
So is this for the International Note n7000 or for US sghI717? Will we get things like smart stay? Why 4.1 why not 4.2? From what I have read this update won't come to carriers til the new year. If only I could buy a Nexus Note that would be updated right away and not have to wait 9 months for the OEMs and carriers to update.