FiftyThree files trademark for "Paper" to combat Facebook
1. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Facebook is just being the bully that it is. I say foul.
2. PBXtech (Posts: 966; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
For crying out loud, the patent system has become a total joke.
9. zennacko (Posts: 222; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Yes indeed. Soon enough my name shall be patented by someone and I'll be sued for using it.
Also, Facebook had trademarked the word "Face" already, so the things in front of our heads either have to gain another name or they could potentially sue the entire world for misuse of their trademark :(
3. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
What is the world coming to ???
Nxt what are they gonna do Trademark Chair, Table, Pen , Book , Food , Clothe , etc....
This is just a joke .... USTPO is becoming a Joke !!
4. Aploine (Posts: 126; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
Didn't you hear about genetics companies patent
for proteins of the human genome?
8. cezarepc (Posts: 513; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I've read something like that in a techno-thriller novel by Michael Crichton - Next (2006).
Scary sh * t.
5. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 686; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Great now I have transfer my notes to my tablet, since I might get sued for using paper
6. androiphone20 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Why do people have to get all worked up about a company trying to protect it's name? If "Paper" by fifty three started out by using this name then Facebook has to do more than apologise, zuckerberg has always been that way especially when he robbed the twins
7. neops (Posts: 161; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
Suing facebook to protect their work, yes. Patenting the word "paper", just "paper" or just "candy" or just "ruby", no. They didn't invent it. It belongs to humans.
If patent existed when paper was firstly invented, would we had any modern civilisation?
(Now someone will want to patent the word civilisation and will not allow us to talk about it, or logic per se)