Apple iPhone sales down 6.2 million in Q2
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 12690; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This is expected, happens every year. Watch the android fanboys "not users" flock to this like flies to s**t. Sammy fanboys in particular.
8. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 401; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
Was meant as a support! Couldn't agree more with you! Still, I think that Apple feels a lot of pressure. But that is not Tim Cook's fault, its Jobs' fault. Jobs failed to build out the iPhone product line in time. Cook has to do that now from the scratch.
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 12690; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Agreed. I love the pressure google/Samsung is putting on apple. It's making them step their game up.
17. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 401; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
Yes. One should not forget that Apple still earns half the profit of the whole smartphone market. Therefore, Apple does not only own a lot of money, they still have people like Jonathan Ive. Apple can bounce back any time. I think that next year we will see greater changes with an iPhone with a larger screen, an iOS adjusted for larger screens and much more.
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 12690; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
So do I. I think these are just the beginning.
10. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4171; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I agree. iPhones sales always slow down on the eve of the Next Big One. We are all holding out for the new iPhone, so Apple needs to shut up and take our money.
14. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Here I is': boohoo, it's expected; boohoo we have to reconcile the slump in our minds; boohoo, we have to justify the slump in sales to the industry; boohoo, it'll all change with the next release; boohoo, we're all happy with our small phones; boohoo, who needs a stylus, expandable memory and removable battery; we have a deathly iCharger that kills on contact and we take it everywhere we go cuz' are iPhones always die - BOO-f'N-HOOO!!
4. papss (unregistered)
I'll tell you what is crazy... While at Disney world they have phone cases in every shop but all are iPhone cases... Like no other mfg exist...
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 12690; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That is crazy, Samsung is just as much a force as apple is. They should have them, and a whole lot more papss
12. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4171; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
They probably forgot to check the bargain bins.
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 12690; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lol Mxy behave +1 though that was funny
18. papss (unregistered)
I have been looking my hardest too.. What sort of bazzaaro world do we live in?
7. Alex123 (Posts: 227; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Nothing surprised. I expected Apple sale downs. Who want a small size, same design, tooooooo small battery, not open OS like android. I enjoyed Android twice compared to my experience with Iphone 4S previously.
28. selena1000 (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
sales are down because a new iphone is coming not because of the sh#t you wrote.they cant keep selling 10 million of the same phone every month you idiot
33. LumiaLover (Posts: 160; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
so let me get this right...all the time you have had Android, you have only enjoyed it twice.....not very good then is it?!!!!!?
32. LumiaLover (Posts: 160; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
My wife wants a small size. She is soooo tired of having something so big that's hard to handle!
35. loebsall007 (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Sep 2013)
Lmao at the last 2 comments. I died a little reading that. Big screen or not, ill be sticking with apple,.
11. stealthd (Posts: 980; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
So the actual sales were. . . and that compares to last year. . .
Wtf is with the lack of information here?
16. verbalize (Posts: 94; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Why would you buy a Iphone5 right before the new one is coming out? You can get it for $99.00 for 2 year contract. Why would you do that? You would be a fool. It's like Samsung's G3 . 6 months before the G4 came out. They were giving them away with a 2 year contract. That tells you something about how desperate Sammy is to get rid that mid range phones even if they have to take a hit.
21. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1293; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
And it's going to be even worst next year at this time when people wait for a major redesign. Especially with rumors that Apple is testing out a larger phone. Apple will need that phablet 1st quarter 2014.
22. AfterShock (Posts: 2990; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I don't think Apple has anything to worry about, this year.
24. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
Bye bye Apple. Hahahaha pitty these Lame Fanboys of Apple. hahahaha what more now since Samsung has S4 and Note 2 and 3 on the go in the market. And all they have is outdated very outdated boring iPhone 5 with overpriced. hahahaha Then I hope they are not expecting to bunce back next year as the new and latest innovative phone Samsung Galaxy S5 Will be release. Hahaa I wonder what will happen to apple then hahaha
25. joey_sfb (Posts: 3263; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
leave them alone.. there plenty of android related news you can post.
27. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 257; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Dude - i really hope you're no older than 6..
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 12690; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
We have jobs, lives, and girlfriends too. We use our iPhones to set up dates, and stuff like that, we go to dinner movies, and cuddle. We don't sit in our room running benchmarks all nite, bothering people about what phones they have.
38. androidfanboy (Posts: 162; Member since: 24 Jun 2013)
Dude I really hope you shut your mouth before I shut it for you