Analyst: February bad month for Apple suppliers
As we told you on Sunday, contract manufacturer Foxconn reported a 25% drop in revenue in February from the prior year and analysts put some of the blame on smaller shipments of smartphones. Despite this news, Foxconn and TSMC, a chip foundry rumored to be getting large orders from Apple as a replacement for Samsung, are each adding 5,000 jobs. Both companies posted recruiting notices at an event attended by graduating university students. Foxconn is said to be looking to fill openings related to research and development for automated production, e-commerce, and robots. TSMC is looking for equipment managers.
17. Droiddoes (unregistered) posted on 11 Mar 2013, 17:46 3
I know how they can get out of the slump: MORE LAWSUITS! That's worked swimmingly for them the last 6 months right?
21. xperiaDROID (limited) 4 days ago posted on 11 Mar 2013, 21:58 0
LOL. I wonder who will be the next target....... Sony? LG? HTC? Huawei?
NAUGHTY APPLE xD
2. Peter27 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 13:38 10
from here it is very steep way down the hill apple. fasten your seatbelts for a rough ride
3. ilia1986 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 13:43 18
Bad month for Apple, good month for freedom and mankind.
10. Droid_X_Doug posted on 11 Mar 2013, 15:38 5
Not really. Mxy will just deny it. I expect something along the lines of Apple has multiple sources of supply and that Taiwan is not the only element of Apple's supply chain.
Nothing like a lie repeated multiple times in hopes it is confused for the truth.
5. gallitoking posted on 11 Mar 2013, 14:38 4
wow,, HTC has had this for months., and they are still here.. releasing phones on schedule.. Apple is better than HTC so they will be fine.. so haters.. well you know what to do..
18. Droiddoes (unregistered) posted on 11 Mar 2013, 17:47 4
or that gallito is a retard
11. lauremar posted on 11 Mar 2013, 15:46 3
Oh I'm sure Apple will be fine for as long as there are cult followers like you who will keep on buying their products no matter what, even though their phones get released on schedule, but underwhelm and disappoint other people in their right mind and stop buying them.
16. darkkjedii posted on 11 Mar 2013, 17:44 0
They'll hate as always, and apple will continue rolling along making billions. Big business is always up, and down but apple continues to clock huge profits.
20. androiddownsouth posted on 11 Mar 2013, 18:16 1
Apple hasn't always been up dark. They have had ups and downs just like every other company, just not so much lately. If they can up their game with their next phone, they will make ridiculous money. If they disappoint like the iPhone 5 did many people I've seen in my store, they could be in trouble. Only time will tell.
7. InspectorGadget80 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 14:58 9
Hahaha. Their declining let apple decline some more
8. quakan posted on 11 Mar 2013, 15:10 2
It'll be interesting to see what happens in the coming months as to how will try and regain some momentum. I really think it's necessary to skip the iPhone 5S (unless iOS 7 is a game changer) and head straight for the iPhone 6.
9. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 11 Mar 2013, 15:14 3
And all indicators pointed to a ramp up of smart phone sales as people transitioned away from feature phones. While one month doesn't make a true picture, it's not looking good for Apple should this be a long term trend.
12. MartianMe posted on 11 Mar 2013, 15:53 10
AAAAHHHHH.......always good to hear these kind of news. AHA :D
14. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 11 Mar 2013, 16:53 3
It will be worse from hereon Apple. I dont see them winning too many customers in the coming years. Android will always offer cheaper and better alternatives.
15. drnggaj33 posted on 11 Mar 2013, 17:42 0
apple has had a bad couple of monthes there stocks the phone the os ...with samsung and motorola stepping up there game apple just looking old ....even blackberry os and phone looks good and im a big andriod guy
19. Droiddoes (unregistered) posted on 11 Mar 2013, 17:48 1
Hey I know what else could turn things around: a wrist mounted ipod!