Samsung UltraTOUCH User Reviews Back

cat_glove posted on Sep 10, 2009, 11:29 AM
Posts: 1; Member since: Jun 20, 2009

Poorly thought out phone for European Markets

Guys, I wish I could tell you that the geniuses at Samsung had hit the jackpot again. I really really wanted to like this phone, it looks the nuts. On paper, the specs read like a wishlist and in isolation they are brilliant. But its the way that its been set up for British markets which heavlily flawed.I'll give you an example of the "that will do" attitude that has let this phone ruin itself. In the English language, the use of apostrophes is extremely important for shortening words (especially in SMS messages) and implying ownership of anything. "She's a total kitten" or "I'd almost forgotten" for example. In this phone, you have to go to the second page of symbols before you get to one of the most basic characters in the English language. Now I don't mean to sound daft here but you are more likely to use an apostrophe in standard english than you are to use the letter Z. That's how often our humble apostrophe gets used. As for the predictive text, it is just retarded...hated it so much I just turned the damn thing off. Couldn't even teach it to learn new words that you frequently use. Just how touch insensitive the touch screen is something I almost got used to until I had to use a HTC Magic and then it reminded me that I had made the wrong choice....againThe fact that there is no easy way to let the phone ring out but turn off the key click/bleeping whilst typing. To turn this profile to silent requires a long-winded ritual, by which time you have pissed-off everyone in the...

Pros

• Nice specs
  • Nice Screen
  • Nice Camera
  • Beautiful looking

Cons

• Too expensive for a badly 'woven together' handset
  • Text messages, effectively no apostrophes
  • Predictive text that doesn't learn new words.
  • Insensitive touch screen
  • Unlockable widget menu that pops open at every given opportunity
  • Fake calls that seem to go off at inopportune times
  • Contact name look-up is awful

Joy posted on Aug 03, 2010, 1:59 PM

I would say, lousy phone

sms totally sucks. It takes to much time to type one message, causes me headache.

touch screen works well only with the pointer

mp3 player and the camera are the only good things on the phone, but again, I have extra mp3 player and a good camera, so I don't particularly need them on the phone.

Pieter posted on Feb 07, 2010, 12:11 PM

No functionality

This phone in theory has many functions. In practice however u you will never use them
worst interface ever!
SMS sucks
Touchscreen is sooo bad
if you actually want to use internet, don't by this phone

Pros

• low SAR

Cons

• worst interface ever!
  • SMS sucks
  • Touchscreen is sooo bad
  • if you actually want to use internet, don't by this phone

Dale posted on Dec 29, 2009, 9:36 AM

This phone has no Soul

After having Samsungs for years and my last one being the mighty Soul I'm a bit disappointed that the user-defined shortcut menu is no more! (who wants a stupid widget!?)  It's also changes so drastically that it's quite hard to get used to.  But what almost made me return it was the predictive text - no apostrophe!!!  It's driven me nuts for the past week that I couldn't write ' I'm ' at all!  Thanks to some searching of the internet (and oddly not through this site) I've found out you you can change the settings (go to Settings, Application Settings, Messaging, Sending Options, then change Character Support to Automatic).  This isn't going to be my little baby like my Soul but I'll just about be keeping it.

waddah posted on Jun 06, 2009, 3:56 AM

it has a camera problem

its one of the best phones i've seen but it has one problem , the cam. its 8mp but still it doesnt take good photos at night i comaper it with the old phone i had "nokia n85" the n85 gives a clear photos in dark but the samsung :( its like 1 mp at night this is the only bad thing about it ,,, buit still one its really atractive phone