Samsung SCH-U620 User Reviews

Christine posted on Apr 13, 2009, 5:43 AM

Jan 6th 1896

This phone was fine until about a week ago when it started going off at midnight every night for a calender appointment dated jan 6th 1896!!! I was a little bit freaked out, but i am going to change phones anyway cuz i can't stand being woken up every night!

Meghan posted on May 02, 2008, 4:22 PM

good phone

I enjoy this phone alot, I had the chocolate and despised the phone and traded it in for this one. I do not like how words can not be added to a dictionary for text messaging, that is a huge hassle! If anyone knows how to do this, please email me! (childofdune@comcast.net) Overall though, I do enjoy the phone, it is sturdy and much more reliable for me then the chocolate.

verizon user posted on Apr 04, 2008, 5:10 PM

not good

this phone is great at first, but I have run into several problems, and will be trading it in soon for another phone. I do like the slider feature and also the large and bright screen. However, unfortunately I have encountered several annoying software problems. First, this phone had a problem with its calendar appointments in which it would ring and display the appt. for Jan. 6,1896. Once the software was updated, there has been an annoying and very noticeable echo on the phone ever since. So far, there doesn't seem to be a solution to the problem. Besides software, navigation through the phone is slow, and the screen scratches easily. Also, people I am talking to, find it very difficult to hear and understand me.
I would stick to a phone a little more reliable.

computerhater posted on Nov 23, 2007, 5:37 PM

u-620

This phone is great! I have man hands, so I find it difficult to use Razr style phones because their keys are so unfriendly. But this phone has nice easy to press buttons, quick menu navigation, and a beautiful screen. One guy said there are no external media controls, wtf, its a slider, so why would they add extra buttons when there are already buttons to use. Also I read a complaint about zooming pictures, well he was an idiot, because in the user manual it tells you to use the volume rocker to zoom. I wish Verizon didnt cripple the bluetooth, because object push and pull would have been nice. The only things I would complain about are battery life, (which really isnt noticeable if you charge every night) and the way photos are displayed when you set them as a wallpaper. There are no options to center/tile/fit to screen.

InteriorArt posted on Mar 15, 2007, 3:26 PM

5.8

Gadget guru

Samsung engineers, GO BACK TO SCHOOL!

I am a business owner in Northern NJ with 23 Verizon Wireless phones. Many of them are the Kyocera SE47 Slider which I think is one of the best phones that Verizon had discontinued.
I was waiting for a long time for Verizon to come out with a new compact, durable slider.
I did not like the Chocolate and was happy to see the U620 with all of its features.
After reading the following review you can decide if having a TV on your phone worth having this phone and I'll be glad to answer question via email Ori@InteriorArt.com
I would like to than Rudy the VZW manager of GSP store in Paramus NJ for his help.

Pros:
• Well built slider with spring action.
• Many tasks that do not require keyboard or digits can be done without opening the slider. This is an advantage over the limitation of the SE47. These tasks includes: Answering calls, dialing to recent callers, view Text message (see negative comment about “direct view”), watch TV, view missed calls and even taking pictures and more. You must “unlock” before performing these tasks to prevent accidental operation.
• Nice display and vibrant colors. (Battery drainer)
• Live streaming TV - (Battery drainer) this is a great feature and the quality is excellent.
• I know that the signal in NYC area is not yet at full strength but I get good reception in many places in Northern NJ except inside the Verizon wireless store on Rt. 4 west in Paramus.
• Loud speakerphone and sensitive microphone.
• Nice...

chas posted on Mar 08, 2007, 3:00 PM

labanker

this phone is primo--it's a fully loaded cell phone that gets GREAT unbuffered TV--it's instant on, just like your set at home. and the picture is very good--there's a button to rotate it 90 degrees so it looks more like a TV when you hold the phone sideways. it's a pain when you travel because you miss the tv in cities where verizon doesn't have the service yet. waiting at the doctor's office? watch TV! waiting for you daughter at the dance recital? watch TV! you get it!! a bargain for the features on this phone if you enjoy TV wherever you go.

astounded posted on Mar 04, 2007, 12:34 PM

seriously

they guy before me, how on earth could you rate this before seeing and handling the phone. it's actually quite the nice device and the TV on it is amazingly smooth because there's no buffereing. i like this phone a lot.

John posted on Feb 03, 2007, 9:59 PM

6.4

huh?

It looks kinda odd. How does it get live tv? I saw a picture that has an antenna coming out from the side? Really weird. When is this phone coming out? WIll it have the vcast feature?