Samsung Gravity 3 User Reviews

7.9

J. Vallejo posted on May 13, 2011, 10:08 AM

Great Phone!

J. Vallejo has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for 8 months, and except for minor details, I could not have been more satisfied with a QWERTY-keyboard non-Smartphone. The texting is fast and useful for people like me in the 12-17 year old range. The reception is great, the camera is acceptable, and the multimedia is good. The only downfalls are…..

a) No headphone jack
b) Camera is not the best
c) You have to buy USB cable to transfer music from computer
d) You have to remove back cover from phone to insert micro sd card (sold separately)

apart from that, it’s a really reliable phone, that I recommend for the younger ages.

Built for everyday use
The reception varies where you're at
The calls are above average rating. Not as good as I wanted, but it is a slide-out phone
Don't use internet
The storage (files) for multimedia are well organized, and can even tell you the memory status.
The QWERTY keyboard is fast, and so is the menu.
Phone is almost built for everyday handling. Buying a case emphasizes the protection, and spending $15-$20 for the case is really worth it.
QWERTY keyboard is super fast. Texting with the T9 is kind of pointless, but it's a neat feature if you only have one hand to use.
Display is nice. Screen size is amazing and Great color display.
For the heaviest texters, this phone is great, and if you text like a freak, battery is almost always reliable.

Pros

• Fast Keyboard
  • Built for everyday usage

Cons

• battery life not the best

Garyschnid posted on Apr 19, 2011, 7:59 PM

Nice phone for texting

Garyschnid has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I got the Gravity 3 with my new account since I wanted something that had the QWERTY keyboard, but I didn't want a smart phone. I compared the key boards with the others and this seemed to have the largest keys without sacrificing the small size i wanted in a cell phone. Even with this, I have a little difficulty with the top row of keys due to the screen. Part of this is I put a gel cover on the phone for protection if I drop it. I am in Central Missouri and my coverage isn't the best. At work I have no bars and depending on the location or orientation I sometimes get a signal. Moving the phone 1/4 inch in any direction can cause me to get or lose the signal. I am going to look to see if there is a signal booster available that actually works that i can add to this. The camera is ok, but I didn't by the phone for the camera.

The phone seems to be durable and works well.
For the area of the country where I work, I have poor reception; however, when I go to the city, reception is very good.
I have only had a few calls and sound quality is just average.
Not rated I do not use this service.
Not rated. I do not use this service.
I have used much better cameras on phones, but the camera is not why I own a phone, but to text and make calls.
This phone isn't as fast as I would like, but I believe that is due to the poor signal where I utilize my phone most. T-mobile as carrier due to other family members. If I had choice I would use ATT since better coverage where I work.
Average for me, but if I am in town and have better coverage I would give it a higher rating.
With the QWERTY keyboard it is better than average for text input. The larger keys make it easier for someone with large fingers to text. I dislike that the number pad defaults to t-9 instead of text.
Display is large and bright. Pressing on the volume keys when texting will increase or decrease the font size. Very helpful when using without my glasses.
Battery drains down pretty quick with a lot of use. A day seems to be the tops I can get out of it without needing a charge. Changing display settings may improve battery life.

Pros

• Font changes with volume keys
  • large keys on QWERTY keyboard
  • large bright screen
  • menus very easy to work your way through

Cons

• reception poor in my rural area
  • camera is so-so
  • speed seems slow when reception is poor
  • reception can be made or broken with just the slightest change of orientation
  • the alternate funcitions on the QWERTY keyboard are difficult to read dark
  • Camera button too easy to inadvertantly press putting phone into photo mode

E. Ganic posted on Feb 03, 2011, 4:02 PM

Pretty Awsome

E. Ganic has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Best part of the Gravity 3 is its awsome 2 mega pixel camera, the very very long lasting battery, its durabale size, it's texture, and the text input. Samsung gives powerful speaker phone and good call quality. It's also an international device so it can call people in other countries.

Pros

• quality, reception, internet, display, text input, long lasting battery

Cons

• low speed only internet

D. Revelle posted on Oct 07, 2010, 7:20 AM

Not a bad mid-range phone...

My fiance' has this phone, and it's not bad if you don't want a smartphone. The camera is okay, it feels nice in your hand, and it slides smoothly. The screen is bright, and the interface is pretty sweet once you get used to it. I'd recommend this phone to people who just want a decent phone to get them through the day.

Pros

• Feels nice and sturdy, battery life, screen.

Cons

• A little slow performance, not many features.