Samsung Beat User Reviews Back

Smallfry918 posted on Dec 03, 2009, 4:16 PM

Great phone. Plenty of features, and great interface. AIM is good too, but I don't use it that often. I love having an MP3 player, and that it works when I hook it up to my sound system. two big problems. When you use the external MP3 player controls, you can use sound, pause and all of that, but you can't choose songs; it is basically on shuffle. The other one is, I hate, hate, hate having to have a converter for head phones. I lost the original converter, and there is a 3 month wait on getting a new one, so I got a different converter, and as it turns out I had to buy a converter for that converter to get it to work. Now if my head phones are plugged in when the MP3 player, it starts calling people. NO CONVERTERS!!!!

Pros

• Design, features, and MP3 player

Cons

• Needs a converter, out side controls are not fully capable.

AGB posted on Aug 30, 2009, 8:37 PM

The Beat is cool!

I'm by no means a cel-phone nut- I believe they're just meant to take calls... but when I heard how great the amp is for music, and how well it took pictures, I think even if I don't fully figure out how to use it's features, it's still a great deal. So far I've been messing with the MP3 function, and it works great. It also is very adaptable to hooking up with a PC so you can transfer pix, tunes, etc. Samsung has free software to download so that you can do this.
There are probably phones (more$$$) that can do a better job, but for the price, I'm very happy with it.

Pros

• Has a lot of the handy features in one package.
  • Great MP3 amplifier!
  • Camera pretty good.
  • Easy to interface with PC using free Samsung software.
  • Came with ALL the accessories. (sp)

Cons

• I wish the phone was bigger. I like cel-phones from the early 90's that were the size of cordless telephones. You ALWAYS knew where they were. Today's cel-phones or ALL so small. It'd be nice if someone offered today's features in a bulky antique package! They're probably be a pretty good market for it. ...are you listening, Samsung?

Lo posted on Nov 20, 2008, 2:29 PM

Beat

This a great phone with a good music player...not a bad price and pretty awesome. But be careful cause after a few good drops the phone stops working.

Alyssa posted on Oct 29, 2008, 9:57 PM

Love. This. Phone.

I got this phone because I love the color green and I love music, so it was perfect.  After having it for a while it just seemed like another phone to me.  Because I am kind of a klutz I broke the phone.  I had to go back to my razor for a while and then to another phone.  After not having the phone for about a month I began to miss it so much, so I went and bought another one.  It's a pretty good phone, not too many complaints except that the hinges are kind of weak and that they aren't water resistant... =]  I'm very satisfied.

Rachelle posted on Oct 29, 2008, 4:32 PM

Mixed emotions about the beat.

Overall, I am pretty satisfied with the beat.  It has the music feature that I wanted since it was a pain to carry around an MP3 player and a phone.  With this phone, you don't have to.  I have had a few problems with the phone.  It may not be the phone, rather the headphones.  But, when plugging the head phones into the phone, it hasn't worked.  I'll try it a few days later and voila it works....not sure why, and once again it could be the head phones.  I've also noticed that it doesn't keep a charge for very long.  I can keep it plugged in all night long and by mid-day it will be dead.  Maybe I'm overusing it?  Out of 10, I give this phone a strong 6.

Anonymous posted on Jun 20, 2008, 3:58 PM

not a bad mp3 player and so so camara and tmo just works for me :)

christian rivera posted on Apr 20, 2008, 9:03 PM

nice phone but?

come on flip phone i should be better than that im going to get this phone on wensday and im bummed it should be a slider phone come on
im going to tell evrey one how bad this company is come on
samsung