LG Nitro HD User Reviews

7.5

Waiteaminute posted on Sep 13, 2017, 6:25 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 09, 2017

Great for its time

Waiteaminute has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I had my Nitro HD given to me by a friend I worked with. She had just gotten her contract renewed so she got a new, at the time (this was in 2013), Samsung Note 2. I had been using a Samsung Galaxy Ace. Cute little phone that looked almost like an iPhone, but slow as molasses in January.
Wow! What improvement! Waaaaaay faster and I bought a 64gb SD card for it. It had a fast cam, for the time, and it was good. First HD cam and screen on a smartphone. Also the first one with LTE capability.
About that, it was way faster than the ol' Ace. Wifi was slower, which seemed odd to me, but was acceptable compared to that Ace. I liked the browser LG used better, too.
I should add, that my first impression wasn't that great. The looks were fine, but the UI was slow and made the phone got. That's when it was running GB. I soon found an update on AT&T's website and before you knew it, I was rocking ICS. WAAAAY better!
Now it's 2017, and the phone became a loaner for my mother in law, and then was returned to me. I play with it once in a while and use it as a backup.
I still really like the design. The screen has the same resolution as my current phone, just not as big. The rear cam takes better pics than my current phone. It just can't match a quad core with twice the amount of RAM.
Al in all, a pretty good phone, but only as a backup or for a non-power user because the battery won't last you half the day.

Pros

• Classic design
  • Bright, clear display even by today's standards
  • Rear cam still decent
  • I like LG'S take on ICS.

Cons

• Battery can't keep up
  • Just not fast enough for a daily driver anymore
  • Like so many non-Samsung/Apple devices

leggyshay posted on Feb 03, 2013, 12:06 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Feb 03, 2013

Overall Greatness

leggyshay has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I love this phone. It's easy to use, has a great screen, and it's pretty fast. The only problems I've had with it is the battery. However, it's gotten better since I've downloaded a battery saver application. I'd definitely recommend buying it.

• Screen Resolution

benzalkionium12 posted on Jan 07, 2013, 5:11 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 07, 2013

Humorously Terrible

benzalkionium12 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone seemed a great buy... $50 and the best resolution, one of the fastest processors, and a lot of system ram and storage? Well... why not?
First, it is cheaply built.. my old Galaxy (yes, galazy UNO), was built of metal. This is a cheap phone, the back snaps on and off and feels like it is about to break always. That said, it has a great camera and display... and that is where the good stops... The screen is very finicky, it doesn't respond well to my touch like my old galaxy did, and would often get in this cycle of phantoms touches - the phone would be on speaker phone and it would mute/take off speaker-unmute-put on speaker... over and over to where I had to end calls I had been on hold for thirty minutes for.
All of that would be bearable though, but the battery. Oh man. The batter would drain at over 1% a minute. The 10 days of standby? Right! The phone would die overnight. Fully charged when went to bed, WiFi off, GPS off, all apps disabled, and juice defender turning off 4g. In the morning, it would be dead. Thought perhaps it is the battery, so i bought two new batteries. They both performed the same. The problem is so bad that when GPS is turned on phone would die while plugged in and charging. I had to have four batteries cycling through an external charger and have the phone charging on wall outlet to use this phone to any degree.
Run away from this phone as fast as possible! I thought it was a glitch with that particular phone and i switched...

Pros

• Light weight
  • Good call quality
  • Great camera
  • Awesome display

Cons

• Cheap looking/built
  • Internet zoom is very finicky
  • touchscreen is buggy
  • UI is watered down

ZTA14 posted on Oct 21, 2012, 11:06 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Oct 21, 2012

Good phone

ZTA14 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Its a good phone if you want something nice but not too fancy. The screen is amazing as well as the camera. The battery life isn't half bad as people say it is, i can get about 10 hours on it with medium amount of usage. I hate the fact that i could crap a better looking phone, but what could you expect from a $50 phone? Its processor is fast and app open up without a problem, sound is great especially with the Dolby sound feature turned on. I get good reception where I am, never dropping calls, always have 4G when im out and about(except when im at Sams Club). The internet is okay, whenever you go to a new site, or zoom in, the screen always realigning its self which gets annoying, but is the only problem i have with the internet. This phone is overall a good phone, im even using it right now to do this review

Pros

• big screen
  • fast
  • amazing camera
  • music sounds good
  • easy to use
  • battery life is better than most 4G phones

Cons

• terribly ugly
  • internet pages twitch
  • made of plastic