LG Escape User Reviews

biglebronski posted on Dec 13, 2012, 8:24 PM
Posts: 22; Member since: Mar 18, 2011

Not a bad phone

biglebronski has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is a decent phone, especially for the price. I just came back to Android from iPhone, and I'm really impressed with Android's improvements over the past year. This phone wouldn't have been my first choice if I was buying on contract, but I traded for it, so that's what I have.

The build feels a little flimsy because of a very thin battery door, and although it has serrated edges to make it feel "grippy," it feels even more slippery in my opinion. Once I put a TPU case over it, it feels a lot better. This rating also got a boost from me because the phone is small compared to the gigantic phones that have become the norm. I like a phone I can use with one hand.
Beats the hell out of the iPhone 4 I just got rid of. The iPhone seemed to exaggerate the signal strength too, where this phone makes calls just fine with one bar.
Crystal clear.
LTE is fast. Nothing more to say here.
I'm not a big video watcher, but the screen resolution is more than adequate. Phone speaker is a bit tinny, but I use headphones for music anyway.
Very good outdoor pics on a sunny day, but very grainy in low-light indoors. No flash.
This phone is pretty fast. The CPU is 1500MHz, not 1200.
This phone is a pleasure to use, and it gets me through the whole day on a charge.
Very responsive.
qHD is plenty of resolution for me. Colors are nice.
Still not a lot of phones out there with over 2000mAh batteries. At 2100, this phone keeps me going all day.

Pros

• Fast 4G
  • Fast Processor
  • Good Battery Life
  • Good Call Signal
  • Good Call Quality
  • Not too big for using with one hand

Cons

• Camera takes decent pics outside, but very poor in low-light, and there is no flash
  • Phone feels flimsy and slippery without a case.