x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Text input8.7/10
UI speed9.3/10
Camera9.3/10

ECPirate37
posted on 17 May 2016, 08:28 (Posts: 220; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)

The Huawei P9 is a beautiful attention getter.

ECPirate37 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I got this phone the day it came out, and have not regretted it. First, it is an eye catcher! But there is more to it than looks. I decided to write a review because I felt Phone Arena's didn't give the phone a fair shake. The camera is amazing, but I want to list a few things PA left out. I put explanations for each score if you want to know why I gave what I did. Now for the goodies:
The screen is pressure sensitive, so you can "Knock" it with your knuckles to do different things. On any screen depress it with your knuckle and type "M" and the music player comes up. Double knock it and it takes a screenshot.

Also, it can do a scrolling screenshot. Ever been on a webpage (say for a recipe) and had to take 3 or 4 screenshots to get all of the info? Well now, take a screenshot and at the bottom of the preview pic, it gives you the option to scroll it. Another tap of the screen stops the scroll.

And finally, it has built in screen video record. Also done with hand gestures.

Ok, one bonus thing, when making a phone call, you can record the call. For business calls this is awesome. Being able to go back to make sure you heard something correctly when you can't make notes is AWESOME!

In conclusion, if you buy this phone; I don't think you would regret it. In all honesty, I still like my LG V10 better, BUT now that I have the options listed above on this phone, I would find it hard to give them up. Thanks for reading!

Build quality 10/10 This phone is gorgeous. It feels sturdy in the hand, and doesn't get dinged up from normal use.
Reception 9/10 I give this a 9 because my LG V10 sometimes has a stronger signal on the T-Mobile network. However, I have the dual-sim international version so that MIGHT have something to do with it. I still have coverage everywhere, but I might have 4 bars on the P9 and 5 on the V10.
Call quality 10/10 It is so clear I called it "Clean" the other day.
Internet 8/10 The internet is just as good as other phones I have used. I give it an 8 because it is good, but nothing new brought to the table.
Multimedia 9/10 I'm not sure if the American version will have the same Music/Video interface, but it is beautiful and very intuitive.
Camera 10/10 This is a hard one for me. The camera is AMAZING and I like it better than any other phone camera I have used. However, it is hard for me to say any camera is perfect. However, this time I will make an exception.
UI speed 10/10 Snappy!
Everyday usage 9/10 I REALLY like using this phone. I carry this and my V10 daily. Sometimes there will be things I like better on the V10 (like dual screen & 2nd screen) so I can't get this a 10, but if it was my only phone, I wouldn't complain.
Text input 8/10 I actually like LG's keyboard better on the V10, but this doesn't make this one bad.
Display 10/10 I LOVE the display on this phone. I know the PA review said it was oversaturated, and sometimes it can be, but they were off about the blue hue of the whites. Whites are white.
Battery 8/10 I put 8 because it is comparable to a lot of high end phones.

Pros

• Simple Mode User Interface
  • Shrink Screen
  • Built in knock screen functionality
  • Scrolling Screen Shot
  • Screen Video
  • Call Recording

Cons

• Slippery when on shoulder
  • No NFC

Nishan2001
posted on 11 Jul 2016, 13:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Jul 2016)

Best

Nishan2001 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

This phone performed well on all the tasks it was given. It an exceptional phone as Huawei have done a good job on this one and hooefully they continue this trend as it began with the Nexus 6P. The camera quality is good but not as good I expected.

kyofh
posted on 25 May 2016, 23:57 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)

Less than expected... HP9

kyofh has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

My previous smartphone was a Xiaomi Mi 4, wait forward to the Xiaomi Mi5 but after seeing the limitations (No 4G for Mexico) on the internet I had to find a better option, I always liked the design of Huawei, and P9 has been the best of the line, I get carried away by some good feedback from the camera and in general terms I looked excellent so had read.

The truth is that the camera is average, nothing extraordinary in the least, design, screen resolution, internet, battery, everything is fine, not excellent, but if it is very good.

The detail for me was how badly personalized is the software, its layer of customizing Android, really is not terrible, but coming from a Xiaomi, I can say that you need to improve a lot, to have a good level.

I can truly say that I was wrong to buy this phone ... Maybe I should have bought a Galaxy S7 or ...

Pros

• Desing
  • Amazing fingerprint sensor
  • Overall camera

Cons

• Poor Software personalization