x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Everyday usage9.5/10
UI speed9.5/10
Camera6.5/10

FerneyZan
posted on 2 days ago, 22:59 (Posts: 103; Member since: 21 Jul 2010)

Much better than I expected!!

FerneyZan has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Definitely not what I was expecting after seeing the horrible review by Phone Arena. And now that I own it, the only issue I have with it is the lack of memory expansion. This baby runs smooth and since I use Nova Launcher, the interface wasn't too much of an issue for me. Some of the updates since I got it, haber made it even better..

I will update this review in more detail later this week.

Pros

• Runs amazingly smooth.
  • No unneeded software.
  • Quality and built is excellent.

Cons

• Lacks memory expansion slot.

dragon76
posted on 14 Sep 2017, 10:59 (Posts: 27; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)

Essential Ph-1 not the greatest but....

dragon76 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have had it for a few days now and I will say that if you like Samsung, LG or HTC user interfaces this is NOT the phone for you. I will say that if you are into something unique and "vanilla flavored" Android just maybe the Essential is for you. Build quality and materials used are second to none it feels like a heavy duty phone but it does have some short comings that may turn people away. LCD screen isn't going to have the high contrasts of a OLED screen but it is still an awesome screen. the bottom firing speaker isn't "Boom Sound" but it sounds pretty decent.

The camera has some issues, I believe that it has a lot to do with the software because the stock app vs the Google Camera app, the photo quality with GCam is a good bit better

Pros

• display size
  • build quality
  • build materials

Cons

• camera app
  • LCD instead of a OLED