Apple iPhone SE User Reviews

Camera9.6/10
Multimedia9.2/10
Internet9.4/10

MartyvH
posted on 04 Feb 2018, 02:15 (Posts: 23; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)

Simply the best smartphone in a reasonable size

MartyvH has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

if you can't get Sony's Xperia XZ1 Compact. 6S specs, 6S camera, very snappy with apps, outperforms my 2016 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" in smoothness of motion in the game Township. Games are surprisingly not difficult to play on the small screen. Yes, the keyboard is small but swipe typing takes care of that. I haven't even turned on the fingerprint scanner yet! Pressing the button has done the job up to now.

It has most of the meaningful new features. Apple CarPlay, Apple Pay, Apple Health! No aspects are outdated in a major way - maybe the 1.2MP front-facing camera, but that does outperform some other phone cameras with higher MP. 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Voice over LTE, Wi-Fi Calling. One of the best looking phones of all time. It's a timeless design, like a classic car.

There is such a thing as big enough. This is a phone. I have big screens everywhere. A TV, 24" desktop monitor, 9.7" tablet. In 2010 and 2011, phones left us wanting because they were not nearly as capable. We thought increasing the screen size would solve problems, but we lost something as well along the way. The SE is so ergonomic and functional.

I was mulling over the iPhone 8 last September and was almost ready to get it. But it felt like I was settling for it with its chubby body. I bought the SE, in September 2017, because I fear that the next model will be spoiled in some way, such as by having a 6/7/8 body. The iPhone 8 was filler with an uncompetitive design today and only released because it is unprofitable...

Multimedia 7/10 Sound volumes need to be separated from each other. Two volumes for 5 different things are not nearly enough. Also, not the best for viewing photos and videos but people have other options for that!
Everyday usage 9/10 Ability to customise sounds and volumes is limited versus Android.

Pros

• High performance, sometimes outperforms the iPhone 6S
  • Compact size, a very rare attribute
  • High value for money
  • Incredible battery life

Cons

• Learning curve to store and transfer files, set volumes
  • iOS features and app customisation very limited for no apparent reason

MartyvH alternatives:

david_zaqariashvili
posted on 09 Jul 2018, 21:39 (Posts: 4; Member since: 18 Jan 2014)

A Small Wonder

david_zaqariashvili has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

if you like a small smartphone, just go for it. it has a very very fast performance, great camera with RAW support, slim and nice design. but for me, such a small size screen has become boring, otherwise, the device is fantastic.

Pros

• fast performance
  • camera quality
  • slim and light
  • decent battery life
  • build quality
  • iOS is best

Cons

• small screen
  • no FM radio

SpyrStavr
posted on 09 Apr 2018, 13:46 (Posts: 0; Member since: 09 Apr 2018)

Best 4" smartphone on the market

SpyrStavr has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

First and foremost,the iPhone SE is not for everyone.Those who start "keyboard war" telling there are much better phones with bigger screen out there..just stop! Consider that it's an upgrade for those who had 5 and 5s.Same shell with specs from iPhone 6S.I'm going to keep it for the next couple of years.I came from cheaper phones like HTC Wildfire and Samsung Galaxy Core so my current phone is rocket against my previous phones.

haleco
posted on 05 Sep 2017, 16:53 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Sep 2017)

I like it

haleco has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I like the size and the build quality of the little iPhone SE. I have my second SE, with 128 GB Memory. I am not a friend of big displays. I hope they make a follower with 256 GB Memory or a SD card slot.

Build quality 10/10 It feels solid and looks fine.
Reception 9/10 Not bad, not best
Call quality 10/10 It's ok for my needs.
Internet 9/10 Its ok and it depends of the contract.
Multimedia 9/10 Not enough Space for my FLAC Files (145 GB). Sounds not bad, could be better with AAC 256 KBs.
Camera 9/10 Ok so far, not as good as the 7.
UI speed 10/10 Good, no problems
Everyday usage 10/10 Perfect for my needs.
Text input 8/10 A bit small for my fingers. I installed the WRIO Keyboard.
Display 7/10 Ok, a little higher resolution would be fine.
Battery 9/10 Ok for my needs.

• Quality
  • iOS

Cons

• Display resolution

haleco alternatives:

leon234
posted on 10 Aug 2016, 03:46 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)

Sensational phone

leon234 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Coming from android and the quotes I hear about how shocking Apple is.I was amazed by this device.Went for the 64gb for the extra 200 dollars. First few hours took a while to adapt to the software.But it's lag free,everything is done to a great standard.The specs say most things but even when we hear the 1.2mp camera I got down but when I tried it boom amazing beats a 5mp android camera. The battery well is sensational I like the occasional 3D game and I lead the wifi on. I expected the phone to dye after school but no at 9 pm this beast is still running with 20 percent left. Not even my android Samsung lasted that long. So even though it is over priced and specs don't seem amazing it performs well above its weight. And I can still use the special features ie live camera !! Down side is can't Bluetooth files so think I'll do it through iTunes.

Pros

• Fast
  • Simple
  • Amazing camera
  • Nice size compact
  • Pin point touch accuracy

Cons

• No external sd card
  • Can't Bluetooth files
  • No widgets but that's ios