Cricket MSGM8 User Reviews

taytaygurl
posted on 30 Mar 2011, 12:23

Phone OK!

taytaygurl has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

i got this phone as a xmas oresent its ok cept it shuts itself off at random n it always loosing calls,the camera sux the fullkeyboard displas is amazing tho,the battery life is like non exsant,im always having to charge it,i like that you can download pics from the web tho

Pros

• it has good ringtone quality n holds lots of pics,the full keyboard is awesome

Cons

• the battery life sucks n doesnt hold a charge,you cant b in the phone for more then 4 hours or it hangs itself up,the reception sux

keylee
posted on 27 Mar 2011, 16:48

the phone is teriable

keylee has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I hate the phone it sits there and does not slide or flip ITS A BRICK!!!!!!!!!!! it turns on and off, but I fixed it with a little tape on the battery. I just want it to die, break, or get stolen! the camera does not take good pictures and does not have flash... so if I am in a dark place I can not take pics. it loads slow like my images and web. But the web it horrible it loads slow and on the MSGM8 you can not get youtube.

So my rating for this phone is that if you want to buy this phone think again!

posted on 17 Aug 2010, 14:58

I brought this phone back in Dec 09 the phone was ok until now I am getting the meesage saying the message to my number is delivered. The only problem is I have not sent any text message and it comes up every five minutes noone can fix the message and no one has the correct manufacturing info I have been back and forth witht the provider and the in store reprsentives and no one can help. I have learned to by a common phone the info is easier to find and trouble shooting is much easier.

Lashram
posted on 12 Aug 2010, 16:42

uhg!

I have had the msgm8 for about 3 months.  It seemed to work well.  Very simple design and features.  The last week it has been turning its self off and on at random.  I would be 5 minutes in a phone conversation and it will reboot.  It would be charging on its own and reboot.Now I'm out of cash and need to buy yet another phone.  because the last Cricket phone I purchased died after 5 months of use.I'm not abusive to my phones and am really disappointed.  In theory, Cricket seems like a great and affordable option.  But when you calculate the cost of repetitive phone replacement and lack of features, its not really worth it.

Pros

• Simple and affordable. Convenient for texting

Cons

• It is an atrocious design that will fail long before other phones. Its a tad bulky. The word "Cricket" is printed on it.

chester. F
posted on 22 Jul 2010, 19:15

Tis phone is amazing. I does everything you want it to do and more. I got it for $79 . the internets fast and you can download pic's from of the net. the only thing is no 3G or micro slot but tell me what phone for under 100 has that?(with out a contract)t, the e-mail is perfect.  and the service is great.  the keyboard is good and i have big fingers. the GPS is clear and pin point as in turn by turn plus i get the weather and NYT at my finger tips.

• Turn by turn voice GPS
  • qwerty has great feel
  • talk time
  • price

Cons

• no Micro slot

diasia norris
posted on 26 Jun 2010, 11:55

msg m8

This phone is awsome . i've had it about 5 months now .  IT DOES NOT SLIDE UP AND IT IS NOT A SMART PHONE . it has no apps on it . this phone is great though , it says it has bluetooth capibility . the battery is good . it holds a ton of ringtones and plenty of pictures , you can also record on it . GET THIS PHONE ,

Pros

• AWSOME PHONE

Cons

• no bluetooth :(

sam vanbibber
posted on 20 May 2010, 10:08

1.7

Sam VanBibber

Good while it lasted and it lasted about 6 months. Store where I bought, 77004 area, told me it was fantastic! First off, the text is white and you CANNOT read it at all in daylight peroid...then it started dropping texts, pictures would not send or receive and half the time, my microphone does not work...people cannot hear me but I can hear them. I went badck to the store, said, oh yeah, this phone is no good but I can't get you another phone or even a discount...sorry and your mic is going out. you are lucky it is even still working...I am going back today to try and get a replacement...now, it is not listing missed or received calls since some time last week. I hear messages left but the phone doesn't ring, I feel like I should be at least able to get some discount on a new phone...really pisses me off...wonder if this is going to be posted....????

Pros

• keyborad is easy to use....

Cons

• cannot read text, too small and its white on black background and not readable in sunlight or outside.....many other complaints in diescription.

Ed
posted on 21 Apr 2010, 20:27

Awesome phone for the money...

I've had it almost since the model was introduced.  I've not had any problems with it.  I keep reminders/notes/appointments on it, text friends and family (only way to keep in touch with my son), take quick pictures (when I don't have my camera with me), use the alarm to wake up, oh yeah I make and receive phone calls too.The only issue I've come across is people telling me it sometimes sounds "tinney" and there's an echo when I use the speaker phone.  I've found that is dependent on the environment I'm in.

Danny Blaze
posted on 31 Mar 2010, 15:59

The perfect business tool for the road warrior

I know that there are some who, before buying the phone, took one look at it and said, "SMART PHONE!". Big mistake. The MSGM8 is not a smart phone but a messaging phone that can do more.

Yes it is not 3G, yes it does not have expandable memory, and YES is does not do video. What it does do is the following.

The MSGM8 is the perfect messaging phone and more. I can take pictures when I don't have my "big" camera with me. I can check all my email accounts either through Cricket Mail or going online and checking my Google mail. I can find a client's place of business or residence using either Cricket Navigator (coming back April 13th) and or using Google Maps. I can update my Facebook page and MySpace account on the fly. It does everything that it says it can do without any problems (my personal experience and that of my associates).

I personally bought this phone because of course price was first reason. I paid $69.00 US for this phone and have not looked back since. I would recommend this phone to anyone who wants a phone that simply works. If I need to watch videos then I do that on my nice netbook. If I want to take pictures I use my nice Lumix DMC-FZ7 which does marvelous.

Get this phone and you will not be sorry.

Pros

• Excellent menus
  • Great ergonomics
  • Bright Screen
  • Ability to Check and write from multiple email accounts
  • Blue Tooth
  • Great Form Factor

Cons

• Not 3G
  • No expansion slot

Jerome Baker
posted on 14 Feb 2010, 18:16

returning it tomorrow...

It's my 3rd day with the MSGM8 from Cricket and I am returning it tomorrow.  Bought the phone from Cricket's website, not a refurb.My MSGM8's issues...- phone "froze-up" 2x already...had to remove battery to restart- several mms / picture mail messages never received or received hours later. I tested this several times over the past 3 days.- email notification is also "hit-or-miss"That was enough for me to give up on it.  The only consistent method for message delivery appears to be sms (in my experience).  I did not research this phone prior to purchase.  Unfortunately the technical problems with the TXTM8 mentioned on this site and others are a reality.

Pros

• good keyboard, easy to use

Cons

• doesn't receive every mms

christy
posted on 12 Feb 2010, 16:17

stay away!

Phone was bought a month ago, has had problems getting pic messages and sending text. Went to a cricket store and was told its a wide spread problem with this phone and they are working on the bugs.The paint is already coming off the keyboard and it turns on and off by itself all the time. The phone is pretty and has some good features but all in all its got alot of bugs to work out. Im very sorry I bought this phone.

Jordan
posted on 27 Dec 2009, 01:37

GREAT!

This phone is amazing! I've had it for a couple days and it rocks! The keyboard is by far the best I've ever used.  I've used the txtm8's, the messager 1 and 2 and this phone beats them all hands down!  Plus it has email and a great battery life!  The camera isn't all that great looking on the phone, but once you send it in a picture, or load it onto a computer it looks fine.  But if your looking for a camera you may want to go else where.  If you want the best keyboard phone out there, then this is the one.  The best part about it is that it's cheap!  The only problems i've had with it so far is that for about 3 minutes, it wouldn't send texts... the texts actually sent, but it didn't say on my phone that they had sent... weird i know but thats what happened.  This phone has mobile email, sms, mms, and internet!  This phone is perfect for me, cheap, great keyboard, and email.  all i need but if you want a good camera that records video's and has 3G speeds and higher end features then you may want to look else where.  Like the Samsung messager 2, my brother has it and he loves it.  It's just an extra 80 bucks...

Oh and another thing that this phone does that no other cricket phone has ever done before.... I know some of you like to send looooong texts, and with other companies, once you've filled out the 150 or 160 characters of your text message, your phone will automatically start another text, and you can just keep...

Pros

• Amazing Keyboard
  • Good Battery Life
  • Good Size Screen
  • Average Features
  • Customizable

Cons

• No Music Player
  • No Micro sd Card Slot
  • No Video Camera
  • No 3G
  • No Cases Yet... :(

Duke Marion
posted on 03 Dec 2009, 21:38

Not a bad deal

All in all in is not a bad phone even more so that it is from cricket for a hundred dollars with no contract it is worth it and better than most in price range for other prepaid or no contract phone services it would be a great phone if it had three things micro sd slot 3g coverge and was able to download opera mini

Pros

• mobile email that beebs when new messages arrive and is pretty fast

Cons

• no micro sd slot
  • can not down load opera web browsing this is its biggest disapointment