BlackBerry Z30 User Reviews
Overal user rating
The overall rating is the average of all user reviews, while the overall alternatives are the ones that has been listed most.
Text input9.9/10Build quality9.9/10Everyday usage9.9/10UI speed10/10Camera9/10Multimedia9.7/10Internet10/10Call quality10/10Battery9.9/10Display9.6/10Reception10/10
Post new review
Please note that each user review reflects the opinion of its respectful author and not of Phone Arena.
posted on 08 Feb 2014, 07:31 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Feb 2014)
Great PhonE !!
cezopa has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
A super phone powered by blackberry new 10. also you must really update to 10.2.1 added new features you will woow ! you musnt compare an androıd and a bb os device or iOS device cuz bb os and iOS doesnt need to be supercharged specs like android. Even Z10 I bet can rape all android phones now ! buy it !!Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 30 Dec 2013, 20:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
BlackBerry Z30 - The best phone you've probably never heard of
rfield701 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review
battery is a beast - Watched a movie on the flat screen, played music all day, CB, internet browsing, Blaq, lots of BBM's, facebook, few active frames open. Still going like a champ 53% left after 15 hours.
Build quality great - Has a much better premium feel than the Z10, heavier than comparable devices but some may think that's a pro/con
keyboard/hub - self explanatory if you need to get stuff done and be efficient there is nothing better
Speakers - Amazing speaker set on this phone. Great pure sound on a cellphone.
OS much more fluid/integrated - I found Android so cluttered everything is much more integrated on BB10 I can be in one app and go into multiple apps within the same app. (will make sense to you if you have a BB10 device)
no lag -Played graphic intensive games without issues increased dual core CPU and quad core GPU help in this regard. APK installs/lock screen actionable notifications/quick settings etc of 10.2.1
-Not enough customization (lockscreen/OS/settings) - on Android you can switch it up to just about anything you wish. This is one area just like Apple they're lacking in
-No G Play store- Personally I only run so many I have about 90% covered in BB World and the rest I've either sideloaded or direct installed with Snap but everybody always harps on APPS APPS APPS you only have X number of them. So well this would solve the dilemma in theory.
-camera subpar, features& low light performance - Its not great to be honest...Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 9/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 9/10Battery 10/10
- Build quality
- Battery life
- Stereo speaker sound
- Productivity/communications use
- Adaptive keyboard
- HDMI out port/Miracast/USB OTG
- Quad core GPU for games/videos
- Expandable memory with Microsd cards
- Instant actions/hub/flow
- camera software
- lack of customization in OS
6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 11 Dec 2013, 12:50 (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
The Only REAL Competitor to Android's Larger Screened Phones
freddysrevng has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review
Prior to purchasing the BlackBerry Z30 - I did quite an extensive search... Here's what I found...
Apple iPhone 5S - Screen is just "too small for serious consideration"
Galaxy S4 - I had an S3 found the software to be buggy and the screen was horrible to type on - S4 did not seem "different enough" to me.
LG G2 - pretty nice new phone - but listen to the tinny speaker and I though that would be indicative of the overall build quality.
HTC One - OK Phone - actually found that the speaker system on the Z30 was superior to the "Beats speakers" on HTC One..
Nokia - never really considered them as an option... personal bias
So after spending time with each of these phones - I purchased the BlackBerry Z30.
Having owned a Z10 - I know that you can side load Instagram, Netflix and other apps on a BlackBerry - and when they update the software, soon, to 10.2.1 - you will be able to load Android Apps very easily on the Z30, Z10 and Q10.
That being said - I am more about "productivity and security" and that is where BlackBerry excels...
- Touchscreen Keyboard - BEST on Market.... period... no constant mistakes in typing messages.... BEST... even BGR admitted this to be the case on their Z10
- 25 hour battery life - lasts 2 full days on one charge - easily
- 6 speaker "Natural Sound System" - Best on Any Smartphone for listening to music, hands free calls and BBM Video... better than "Beats" on HTC One.
- easy sync with Outlook for business and iTunes for play on BlackBerry...Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 9/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 06 Dec 2013, 20:03 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
gamma has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
its an alomost perfect phone , i have used htc one , iphone 5 and samsung s3 , i got to say the z30 gave me more fun and more soul than all of these, i cant believe it sounds better than the htc one , plus its quality is stunning ....in my point of view best smartphone ever made .Build quality 9/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 9/10Camera 8/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 9/10Battery 9/10
- great batter, great download speeds , great speakers, great display , amazing software
- missing few token apps , but the app gap is closing pretty fast
8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 11 Jan 2014, 20:17 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Dec 2013)
One of the best.
pierre5018 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
This phone is very comfortable to use (I do not find it heavy). Reception is excellent in coverage extremes. The sound is powerful, and stereo does make a difference. Still wishing for more applications available in BB World store (e.g. Google apps). The hub and its peek gesture is great!Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 8/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 9/10Text input 9/10Display 9/10Battery 10/10
- sharp display, fast User Interface, customizable
- video output: HDMI, miracast
- stereo speakers and 4 microphomes
- excellent radio + antenna, strong signal pickup.
- strong battery
- top web browser, highest HTML5 score
- USB on the go, SD card slot
- Android player
- no buttons
- no swiping gesture on keyboard
- Google services unavailable
- Google Play store not yet available
- unremovable battery
- back cover difficult to open (but rarely needed)
- camera pictures OK but not great; missing some controls and RAW
2 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 23 Oct 2013, 04:29 (Posts: 76; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
All I can say: AWESOME!
Zeeya has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
Its a very great Phone and definitely the best BlackBerry Phone so far!
No matter if you are an iPhone User or an Android User I will be sure you will love this Phone.
For some the Love won't be Strong enough to make a switch (Multimedia lacks).
But I personally fell in love with this phone.
It's just an awesome phone and I'm very happy with it.
Try it out!Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 9/10Camera 9/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- BlackBerry 10.2: Excellent OS & UI
- Very beautifil Big Super AMOLED Screen (5'')
- Extremly Fast Browser!
- Brilliant Sound (4 Speakers)
- Great Battery Life! 2880 mAh
- Camera is Great (but Not great enough)
- Hub & Priority Hub
- Aweseome Keyboard: Type faster and more accurately!
- Design + Good feeling when you hold it.
- Lack of Apps
- Not the best Multimedia Phone
- Maybe too expensive?! ~550-600USD
- pretty heavy, 170g (small Con)
8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report
posted on 12 Oct 2013, 21:40 (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Sep 2013)
guystone has owned it for less than month before publishing this review
All around great phone - one of the best. Hardware wise I'd rate it slightly lower than the Galaxy S4 but much more modern and advanced than the IPhone 5. The phone quality (software stability / hardware) is built better than the Samsung S4 and just slightly lower than the IPhone 5. Overall a versatile and well built phone for personal and business use. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone for any use if they want to try something new.Build quality 10/10Reception 10/10Call quality 10/10Internet 10/10Multimedia 10/10Camera 10/10UI speed 10/10Everyday usage 10/10Text input 10/10Display 10/10Battery 10/10
- huge battery
- beautiful screen
- great cameras / video
- works as a speaker phone in business conference with the quad mics and stereo speakers
- lots of apps but still missing lots (more of a con)
- fastest web browsing out of all the phones
- easy to use BB hub
- syncs with company email and calendar
- upgradeable memory (micro SD) / HDMI / USB
- not available in North America yes
- some major apps still missing
- BB couldn't attract any worse of media
- BB messanger - it's awesome but nobody else uses it
- cannot download attachment connected with calendar events from your work Outlook
- lack of NFC applicatoins
16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Do you?Report