Wiretapping is common practice, here's how much carriers charge law enforcement agencies for it
1. PAPINYC (Posts: 2192; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
crApp, I'm losing out big time; iWiretAp all the time and I'm not getting anything for it.
2. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Ha!!! Why am I not surprised??? And we still have those who think they still have ANY privacy left...
3. JunitoNH (Posts: 842; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
If you are a criminal, why would you use a cellphone? Why would you use a cellphone on a post paid account? why would you use any of the major carriers? why would you use your personal number? Anyway, very informatiave article nevertheless.
5. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
A lot of criminals are not very smart. If they're they'd get a prepaid phone and pay cash so it can't be traced to them
4. Jonathan41 (Posts: 526; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Whatever, police can tap my phone. What are they gonna do? Post it on facebook?
6. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Wrong attitude man. Today it's tapping your phone tomorrow it's searching you with no warrant or locking you up without charging you.
7. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I must agree with you on this one. it goes to show you,though. In the end,corporations will do whatever is asked of them,no questions asked...for a big enough fee.
10. Jonathan41 (Posts: 526; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Idk, this just dosen't really jolt me as a big deal personally. If this is the first step in an ever increasing trend of police harassment thats one thing but, I just don't see the urgency about the police listening in on the conversations of their suspects. It defiantly sounds like it helps them catch criminals and there is no real draw back to it if your innocent. I mean I guess the police can learn you wore the same underwear all week or whatever but, that just doesn't really hit me as police harassment.
9. Captain_Doug (Posts: 748; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I agree but am also not one to give away freedom. For me, who cares if they listen to what i say? I have not a single thing to hide. At least from a government agency. That'd be one boring, expensive wiretap. As a whole, I understand that if we're okay with this, what will they try next? It'll get to a point where i won't be okay with it so it has to stop here.