UBS analyst sees the next-gen Apple iPhone 6 getting released this August or September
Milunovich expects the Apple iPhone 6 to outsell the Apple iPhone 5s once the former is released. For all of this year, he sees Apple selling 172 million units of its smartphone vs. 162 million last year. He says that China Mobile alone will account for the 10 million additional sales in 2014. The world's largest carrier jut started selling the Apple iPhone this year.
While the analyst expects the Apple iPhone 6 to provide lower margins for the manufacturer, he says that Apple could have a strong second half of the year. Milunovich says that surveys suggest that there will be strong demand for a larger-screened version of Apple's iconic smartphone. In addition, owners of the 3.5 inch Apple iPhone 4s will be coming off their contracts. Add those two things together, and the second half of this year could see Apple raking in the bucks.
source: Barron's via BGR
14. akki20892 (Posts: 3653; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
As usual now apple hold event in September, every year.
10. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
or even more like 15m, but thats if the ip6 has
4,3 or 4.5 screen
sappire build glass
i would buy one
12. UglyFrank (Posts: 581; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
We can pretend 1700mah battery is big but we would be lying to ourselves. The fact that you are quoting 2011/12 android specs is funny.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Saying the iPhone 6 will be released in September is like saying the sun is yellow.
8. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1472; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I don't think so. Since the Sun is many colours mixed, most likely the iPhone 6 will be released in September.
9. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
is in it in october or november which they always do like previously?
11. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1472; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Not always. Check the release dates.
5. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 244; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Whats the point of a phablet version? It will flop like last years 5c..
20. tuminatr (Posts: 693; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
I agree, unless it had phablet functionality like the note series
21. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 244; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
I am sure that its going to be like One Max and not like Note or Z Ultra!
P.S: Remember when Steve Jobs said "Who needs a stylus?". :D
6. WisconsinRedSoxFan (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
Waaaaaaaaay too many guesses about a new iphone.....
13. darkvadervip (Posts: 343; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
I'm Curious for apple and android fans, can you tell the true difference in low screen resolution in a premium phone. For example the galaxy 2 thru current!
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 12622; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Then I see myself buying 3 this August, or September. Let's rock Cooksizzle fashizzle
17. SAO101789 (Posts: 123; Member since: 10 Feb 2014)
The iphone great but thin phones are not as good as I thought. I will get a ipad for my itunes but I'm getting a nokia for it's camera. Most apps will be on WP and the rest would be in internet or ipad. Apple will always be with me but not this year. I'll come back when they make it bigger and better.