Here's a cheaper Jelly Bean-powered alternative to the Nexus 7
Enter the Cube U9GT4 - a 7", dual-core tablet for $130! Hey, don't let the unfamiliar name put you off, as the device is actually pretty well-spec'd. The Cube U9GT4 may not have the advantage of the recognizable brand, but it does have a dual-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9 processor with a Mali-400 GPU, 1 GB RAM, 8GB storage space, microSD card slot, and a VGA front-facing cam. What do you say - pretty decent, eh? And when you factor in the fact that it comes with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean straight out of the box, things surely begin to sound intriguing.
As we said, the screen measures 7 inches. Unfortunately, the resolution is not as high as the one of the Nexus 7 (1280 x 800), but it's still good enough for this screen size - 1024 x 600 pixels.
Design-wise, the Cube U9GT4 is nothing special, but then again, which one is these days? If the idea of a mid-range tablet for $130 (free shipping) sounds good to you, just hit the source link to order one. Alternatively, you can wait a bit more for the iPad Mini, or the rumored $99 Nexus tablet, which may (or may not) become reality by the end of the year.
source: Ownta via AndroidAuthority
Cube U9GT4 images
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
really nice considering the price point!
2. Cyan3boN (Posts: 425; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Cuba hmm. I dont see the US government letting it past their border.
7. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2118; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Cuba? Are you serious? Where did you get that from?
3. Seymur (unregistered)
looks like Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
6. Evil.Bunny (Posts: 41; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Ha Ha...i was about to say the same thing.
8. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
lol NO!!! not another chinese device!
13. deuel_18 (Posts: 54; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
it looks low quality...im not trying to put down anyone but i dislikes unbranded Chinese products..im sorry...but i really like this tablet...but the brand and manufacturer hinders me
11. android_sucks (Posts: 111; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
Source link is listed above as "Ownta". Just click it.
14. gallitoking (Posts: 4684; Member since: 17 May 2011)
this is something I don't get, A cheap Chinese tablet running JB out of the box and here in the States there are tablets and tablets struggling to update to ICS...
15. deuel_18 (Posts: 54; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
My friend Chinese are good in computer programming and computer science so its not wondering they got it themselves
16. networkdood (Posts: 6262; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
lol, there is a lot that G-King does not get and that is why he sticks with APPLE products.