HTC touts the One X battery life
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Iphone4s has better web browsing life than one X O.o?
well, at least HTC shows its honesty about the poor battery life... compare with razr maxx
2. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Seeing the HTC one x in action first hand over the last few weeks I've seen it generally last almost two days under normal amount of usage. Mostly at the end of the first day the battery can be at 55-60%
4. gboo2565 (Posts: 10; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
"what a waste of a thousand hours" I traded iphone 4 for this and whilst i do like it overall, the battery life is around 50-75 % of what i got with the iphone in any situation.
7. theruleslawyer (Posts: 108; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Sure. Apple still has the better battery life per whr. However you have to remember that they are still driving a tiny 3.5" screen. That's nearly half the area most flagship Android phones are driving. If Apple makes a move to more comparable screen sizes this fall it will be interesting to see how battery life stacks up on a more even footing.
10. -box- (Posts: 3973; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
The One has a lot more background things going on and is more capable than the iphone, whereas you have to use apps to do just about anything with the iphone, hence more power consumption
5. Sangeet (Posts: 232; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
These results are not real. Check out the real battery test of the HTC one X done y GsmArena @http://blog.gsmarena.com/htc-one-x-battery-test-concludes-the-results-are-inside/
13. Kefler (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 May 2012)
Actually they are real. GSMArena's review was based on old firmware (1.26) most likely. Newer firmware (1.27) fixed it. Doubt they'll change it and update their battery life ranking.
14. Kefler (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 May 2012)
Check the date of the GSMArena test btw to see what I'm talking about.
18. sdnative1 (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 May 2012)
Thanks! Their result make more sense. No way a HTC One with a 1850mah battey is outlasting a Razr Maxx with a 3300mah battery as phonearena's chart is saying.
6. babyk (Posts: 261; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
dont you guys see its a 4.7 inch screen on a phone have mery on htc please. what if one x had this battery with 3.5 inch screen dont you think it would beat iphone 4s? come oen guys thats really great for an hd 720 screen.
8. kingkoopa765 (Posts: 15; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
This is true at least for my HTC one s, been getting 24+ hours off a charge which is twice what my amaze was getting. so great jobs HTC engineers!
9. -box- (Posts: 3973; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Considering the battery life of the Sensation is my single biggest issue with the device, I'm glad they focused on it for the new crop of phones. That being said, I think a slightly larger battery wouldn't have bothered too many: look at the success of the RAZR MAXX
11. poddey (Posts: 77; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Why does the S4 AT&T version of the 1X fare so badly in cellular talk time compared to the T3 international version?
12. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Most likely is because it's burdened with bunch of unless apps. However, the processors are different, it could be that reason too. We should only compare AT&T One X to One XL..
15. jeffhanson1 (Posts: 7; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
How could the HTC One X have longer web battey life than the Razr Maxx??? It has a 3300mah batteyr! Please explain.
16. sdnative1 (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 May 2012)
Good question. I'm wondering the same thing. If the HTC One X only has a 1850 battery, there's no way it should last as long as the Droid Maxx.
17. sdnative1 (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 May 2012)
If the HTC Evo LTE 4G (Sprint's One X) comes with a 2000mah battery, how long does it last on a charge compared to the One X? Also how come Sprint's version gets a larger battery?