HTC Rezound against the world: spec comparison
1. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
LG LTE has a 4.5" IPS LCD with RGB... 1.5GHz dual-core, LTE, and a 1850MaH battery. of the above though its a tough choice between the RAZR and Rezound.
30. redmd (Posts: 1219; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
But...but Galaxy Note blows everyone with its 2500MaH battery and bigger HD superAMOLED screen and 1.4 dual core Exynos. specs war for the lol
47. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
The galaxy note's size itself makes me not want it, to me, it's not a half phone half tablet, its too big for a phone and too small for a tablet. I would definitely not use it as a phone!
57. choupino (Posts: 69; Member since: 28 May 2011)
Remember that the Galaxy Note requires a bigger battery because it's a behemoth... Bigger device and screen landscape to light up means bigger battery to handle the job... Secondly, EXYNOS chips are not capable of LTE, which should be a deal breaker.
40. nb2six (Posts: 298; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
you can't even put LG into the mix when it comes to top-tier smartphones. I have yet to be impressed by one of their devices. They may be the first to out something with the latest specs, but they usually come loaded with a multitude of bugs that take in some cases forever or never to get fixed..They really should just stick to the feature phone market where they do truly make great devices.
89. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Optimus LTE looks sick! Don't be a hater.
28. tuminatr (Posts: 754; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
i will second that better display and faster cpu, also Motorola has had many minor bugs in there new version of blur, HTC however has been smooth sailing
80. windowsRocks (Posts: 152; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
For me too only if screen was Super AMOLED Plus
85. Goldeneye (Posts: 419; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
4 out of these 5 phones are Verizon's really impressive!
3. TGreg104 (Posts: 38; Member since: 14 Jun 2011)
Idk.. I was pretty hyped on this phone but I'm not really now. Also I'm worried about battery life too.
4. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 467; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
Just wondering how the iphone4s made it in the runnings with these premium highend Android phones...almost seems unfair to Apple...but good....
21. bucky (Posts: 2441; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
yet for some strange reason, there are a couple million "absolutely brainless and stupid" people that buy it over a weekend
90. mobileharan (Posts: 18; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Its their wish and need .. You cannot call them foolish or brainless for that ..
5. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 467; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
I can tell you now..that. battery life is going to be petiful on the Rezound...4.5 screen..dual core 1.5 ghz..LTE..and only a 1640 mah battery..phone is already headed for trouble.....with that big of a display coupled to a 1640 mah battery...
11. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
its a 4.3'' screen but yeah i dont see how this beast will survive a single day especially knowing how the previous htc lte phone barely got through half a day.phone looks quite thick so if samsung and moto can put 1650+ battery in a thin phone,htc should have been able to put 2000mah in easily..samsung have released an official 2000mah battery for the gs2(uk) which comes with a battery cover and still keeps the phone less than 10mm....
84. aar0983 (Posts: 51; Member since: 26 Sep 2011)
I guess they didnt learn from their mistake with the thunderbolt. 1640 wont be enough juice at all
86. Jasonhunterx (Posts: 111; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
Not really battery life should not be a problem dual cores are more efficent then single core cpu an it will mostly come down to software like the voltage cpu is set to an small stuff like that but that display an lte will take a big hit on battery for such a thick phone you would think battery would be like 2000mah or at least 1850
6. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 467; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
Buy a extra battery when you pick that baby up...
8. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
i like your posts. but three in a row?
7. threeline (Posts: 267; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
All these phones can be had on on Verizon! And what the hell is Sprint doing? Nothing thats what! Sucks to be a Sprint customer with an upgrade available like me!
9. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 467; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
Sprints NOW network cant even handle the new influx of iphone 3g activations...the network is suffering from turtle speeds on its network
10. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 467; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
You can get the Evo or the Evo 3d.....they spent all of there money on Apple acquiring use of the iphone...so dont expect anything great
12. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 467; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
Im on a roll....long drive home. Stuck in traffic..#8..u must have sprint..:(
14. karlmalone1 (Posts: 7; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Threeline just get the epic 4g touch, you'll be happy
23. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Your joking right? My HTC Evo 3d, the Motorola Photon, and even the Nexus S 4g are infinitely better than any GS2. That's right, I said it, there are better phones than the SGS2
32. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Evo 3d and Photon>SG I and II
Anyone who hasn't had a concussion in the past 24 hours will tell you that
34. bucky (Posts: 2441; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Lols. neither beats the sgs2 in anything. Anyone with half a brain will tell you that.
41. karlmalone1 (Posts: 7; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Cwebb i had the photon before my epic touch, and the epic touch is by far a superior phone, MUCH quicker, better display albeit at a lower resolution...and did i say MUCH quicker? The exynos is a powerhouse. And whoever says a nexus s is better than a sgs2 must have been dropped on their head a lot as a child.
49. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
A SGS2 won't be better if it doesn't get ICS, and especially with Samsung's track record, I won't expect it to get it soon if ever (Yes, Samsung lies)
69. threeline (Posts: 267; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
Cwebb, I agree about Sammy not updating and it will be a long time before they do upgrade if ever, but I don't agree with the Evo3d and Photon being better. Please educate me as to why as I have never owned either. I have the Epic GSI.
15. karlmalone1 (Posts: 7; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
bucky that seems pretty silly to take the sgs2 over the galaxy nexus
19. bucky (Posts: 2441; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
why is that? the nexus has a better screen resolution and thats it. no sd card, camera is not as good, front facing camera is not as good, battery is about the same, its HUGE, processor isnt as fast as exynos, and gpu is older and slower.
The sgs2 has a huge backing on xda. the updates will be no problem.
37. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I agreed with you up to the part that you said "gpu is older..."
16. snowgator (Posts: 3554; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Thank the Good Lord they did not out one of my Windows Phones in a spec sheet with these beasts. It would have been eaten alive on paper. :-D
First of all, I think the worries on battery life is legit. HTC has been weak on this even compared to others in this day and age of bad battery life. But, I would not let that bother me in buying it.
I still kinda like the Motorola Droid RAZR best of this bunch. Really like how they have stepped up their screen presentations and their use of their OMAP processors have really been optimized. Their overlays are really good UI's these days since they dumped the Motoblur and improved the experience. Like the idea of the Nexus. Not sure it will actually perform better once ICS comes to these.
36. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Because they don't have dual cores?
Don't be silly boy.
Windows is damn smooth without fancy dual cores, and andro laggy even with them.
Yeah boy, you take a look only at spec sheet without taking into consideration a real life performance. Keep living in this marketing world.
53. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1715; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Have you even used a dual-core phone with android? When i had the EVO 3D is was smooth as butter
65. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
platform smoothness is one thing app performance is another. after using my Droid 3 looking at iPhone 4s and Windows Phones feel slow at doing things in comparison
68. snowgator (Posts: 3554; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Yeah, as soon as I wrote that, smiley face and all, I knew someone would jump on me. Hoping actually, as I would take a WP any day of the week. Please do notice I said "on paper". I love WP real life performance.
However these are bad-tushie freaking phones!! I am not anti-Android by any means, and I am pumped by these things. How can you NOT be? Great Androids mean WP needs to work harder to keep up.... Better devices for me!!
"insert excited evil laugh here"
17. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
wow.. the rezound is the weakest phone up there... well.. other than that 800mhz iphone crap.
mmmaybe HTC shouldnt be comparing itself to other top end phones? lolol
26. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Um hello? The Rezound's PPI and processor even one-up ths SGN. The Razr may been thinner, but HTC's designs are on par with Apple, and way ahead of Sammy. The only thing that scares me is the battery, but you will be able to buy a bigger one/another one. It confuses me why HTC didn't give its most power intensive phone a massive battery
33. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Whose? A 1.5 dual-core snapdragon will do more than good enough for any phone created to this day
35. bucky (Posts: 2441; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Add htc sense on and watch mirco stutters. its ok at best but you were comparing it to the exynos. In that case, yes, its crap.
43. KParks23 (Posts: 578; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
the 1.5 DC snapdragon is quite fast in this device it will pull up to around 2700 in quadrant all day.thats pretty fast and who would want a cheep flimsy plastic phone from samsung.. stop riding sammy so hard or u might throw ur back out! sense is the best that u can get other than stock
62. bucky (Posts: 2441; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
The old sense was amazing. The new sense is too much flash over speed
51. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
My Evo 3d can handle Sense 3 without and hangups or anything, with a 1.2 Snapdragon, and this has a even faster processor and Sense 3.5
61. bucky (Posts: 2441; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Your evo 3d cant because I have seen it lag with my own eyes. Faster than the sensation though, ill give you that but the s3 chips are not that great.
64. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the processor is actually the worst out of the bunch.
72. sgogeta4 (Posts: 394; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
Yep, it is the slowest when compared to OMAP and Exynos. But in real life if you were to compare them between a stock ICS, you probably wouldn't notice too much difference. The biggest slowdown is the UI that overlays the ROM. Sense is a big hog on resources and given it's the slowest CPU in pure number crunching, you'll definitely notice the difference if that same phone ran on either of the other CPUs.
77. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's more than just lag in navigating the platform. there's the matter of browser, flash, video playback & game performance. all have noticeable differences. even Phone Arena frowns on the performance of S3 using phones that are hyped up to be truly high-end now a days. there's games that are coming out that want to push the extents of a phones capability and that's set by the most powerful of them all which are the iPhone 4S and the Galaxy S II. crappy SoCs like the S3 will struggle with titles like these.
18. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Still...I would like to have RAZR...that's innovation and beauty.
And probably will have better camera than HTC...that's sth normal.
720p is not a big difefrence compared to 960x540. But the thickness will be a deal breaker.
And battery in HTC...+ android...+ LTE...phone dead before lunch?
55. Owlet (Posts: 450; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And HTC def has a better camera.