Did you know: in Japan there are stands set up for selfies
We’re talking about the Land of the Rising Sun, Japan, where apparently, there are special stands in popular places where you can leave your phone and take a great selfie. The stands even have a special slot where you can tuck in your phone, so that it stands up right, and mind you, the purpose here boils down to beautiful pictures, not just duckface foolery.
Whatever it is, though, we’re not surprised this is happening in Japan, a country known for its citizens love for photography. But honestly, it’s not such a bad idea, is it?
1. nohatenofanboy (Posts: 494; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
but it looks like normal picture not a selfie
15. javy108 (Posts: 163; Member since: 27 Jul 2014)
Now for fashion, every picture of yourself is a selfie :C
2. Settings (Posts: 494; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Im here to see Katie Holmes' duck face but no avail.
11. techperson211 (Posts: 678; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
It will not be a selfie anymore since your not holding the phone. Nice idea.
4. promise7 (Posts: 469; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Bring the idea to America and someone will run away with your phone.
6. xq10xa (Posts: 133; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Yeah....where is Katie Holmes. Misleading article.
8. techloverNYC (Posts: 407; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Knowing the average Japanese male height, I think these camera stands would be too short for us Americans.
9. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
knowing the avg IQ of Americans, i am sure someone can build a taller stand :/
13. techloverNYC (Posts: 407; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Im was thinking in terms of us Americans visiting Japan and taking selfies........
10. gehrig (Posts: 180; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
The stands secretly have wireless chips that steal your data and automatically sell it to the NSA.
12. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
only if it's given free by the american govt.
14. Morgana (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Jul 2014)
A special " slot " where you can tuck in your phone... Really!!! I guess my mind was elsewhere... Silly me...
16. javy108 (Posts: 163; Member since: 27 Jul 2014)
Selfie fashion is really out of control. I think that the word selfie is over used.