Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

Sony Ericsson Z500 User Reviews Back

Anonymous posted on Nov 25, 2009, 1:31 PM

This is by far the best phone I have ever owned. I used this phone for four years before it started to give out on me. Near the end the phone would only take a charge if you had it plugged in just right and wiggled the cord obnoxiously. This phone was amazing either way. I washed and dried it, ran it over, and it fell into the pool and it still worked. This phone was huge but the best phone imaginable.

k00lkid posted on Aug 11, 2008, 12:41 PM

5.6

hmm not bad for my first phone..

i got this phone in 8th grade
when i got it i was s00per excited :]]
for a while..

then i realized how HUGE my phone was.. it looked like a remote
but i still liked it.
it wasnt that bad.. . .

tef30 posted on Oct 14, 2006, 6:05 PM

2 phones! 3 batteries!

When I first got the phone, it was great. It had a bunch of extra entertaining features which were fun, although i got sick of it after a few months. Then, the phone broke. It would barely show me no sign of charging and would freeze and randomly turn on or off. Luckily, i was able to get a new battery & phone because the warranty was not up. After two months, this battery broke as well. It showed no sign of charging after taking lpugging it in and out of the charger many times. I was able to get a THIRD battery, however. When i put it in the phone, it was half-charged and i knew it would be broken. I plugged it into the charger and it showed no sign of charging. So, the phone is broken. After 3 Batteries and 2 phones.

Avi posted on Aug 17, 2006, 12:29 AM

5.4

Looks cool, smells cool but...

I am quite disappointed with this phone, and so is my friend with the same phone. The design and features are all fine, phonebook, camera, games... But the problem I have had is the phone freezing up. When I first got it, it would freeze for 1 or 2 seconds, no problem, but as time went on, and when my warranty was up, it freezes now about once or twice a day for 5-20 seconds, which is long when you are waiting to use the phone. Also, over time, the contacts for charging it get dirty and there is a bad connection. I have a Nokia 3100, it does not have many features, but it is trustworthy and always works without any problems.

Tatha posted on Sep 30, 2005, 9:06 PM

4.6

Z500

I thought this phone looked cheap. The outside is plastic and reminded me of a toy phone from a dollar store. I bought it off the internet without actually seeing it. I was disapointed.

tom posted on Jun 28, 2005, 9:23 PM

a true review

This is a good phone, here are my grades on certain features:

RECEPTION AND CALLS
Even with no external antenna, this phone has spectacular reception. (Cingular KC area) If you are ANYWHERE outside or in a car, then it will have 5 bars. Indoors, about 85 percent of the time it will have 4 or 5 bars. Even on the rare occasion where there is only 1 or 2 bars, the calls are CRYSTAL CLEAR. It sounds as clear as a land line.
The speakerphone is also a great addition and works flawlessly and is clear and very loud yet the person on the other line can't even tell your on it.
GRADE: A+

DESIGN
This phone is solidly built. VERY solid. The hinge feels nice and sturdy, but I must say that I don't like how it clicks when you open it. The way it clicks makes it very difficult to just “flick” it open. It just takes some getting used to.
Meanwhile, the phone itself is bigger than most I must admit, but it feels good in your hands and it doesn't seem large at all in your hands. Its almost exactly the same size as the Samsung VGA1000 (that very popular sprint phone with the camera on the back). Its not HUGE, just a little on the big side.
The keypad itself is fine to me, I don't see why people dislike it. The only thing I would change about it is make the backlight blue instead of orange. I have never seen an orange backlight and I don't know what Sony Ericsson was thinking.
The screen size is an average sized screen, but since there is more real estate on this phone than...