Samsung SGH-U700 Ultra 12.1 User Reviews

William posted on Nov 26, 2008, 7:27 PM

Not bad at all

when i came to norway i was looking for a appealing not so expensive useful phone, and this samsung has been working OK for me. The battery life is not the best ever, thats true, and the buttons can be extremely sensitive, which is a bit annoying at the beginning, but once you get used to them is all ok.
sometimes its hard to slide the phone when ur hands are not totally dry

Pros

• Good design
  • Stylish
  • Thin and light
  • good camera for a 3.2mp mobile

Cons

• hard to slide when ur hands are humid , greasy, dusty or whatever.
  • battery life is not the best.
  • the samsung program is for PC only..what if we have a MAC?

Deepu posted on Sep 14, 2008, 6:32 AM

Shame u 700

I purchaised this phone 2 months back and sold it off after 3 weeks for less than half prise due to various reasons.
1. very poor battery (not even last for 24 hrs)
2. serious network problems.
i gave this phone for repairs in EROS electricals, after repair also their is no change in the defects.
So i advis not to touch this phone................

Rox posted on Jul 15, 2008, 7:56 PM

6.6

Touch buttons crazy!

The touch buttons are so sensitive that they do their own thing half
the time...They are very annoying to say the least!
The keyguard is not secure,as it unlocks by pressing the same button 3 times-you will find it ulocking itself n your pocket and surfing the internet
in your pocket without you knowing!After the keyguard is off the phone
can access the internet,call a number etc..by the touch of a button on
the front screen-NO Protection!

On the up side...The phone has super fast internet, good voice clarity
and a a crystal clear,crisp colorful screen.I was impressed with the photo
quality!Battery lasts about 2 days.User friendly menu interface,unlike some other Samsungs in the past.

waza posted on Jun 17, 2008, 5:32 PM

amazing phone

Connect posted on Jan 31, 2008, 5:40 PM

Great phone.

Well, I originally was going to get the U600 but 3 things changed my mind - The U700 had the multitask button, it had a scroll wheel, and of course, it looks much nicer. I live in Canada so it's HSDPA capabilities didn't really matter to me, since it only supprted the WCDMA 2100 band. Anyways, I'm extremely satisfied with my choice. Especially after I found out that the U600 started the internet from the select button. But there's only one thing I regret - the U700 doesn't playback or record video any higher than the resolution of 176x144 (QCIF).

Kevin posted on Dec 02, 2007, 8:56 AM

sorry my phone does look like the one they have displayed.

Kevin posted on Dec 02, 2007, 8:52 AM

How it works here in USA

Well, I purchased my U700 about 2 months ago from singapore and got it imported to America. The sleek style won me over. However I do understand this a an Asian/European based phone but in America its not so great. All right so places where i can get 3G coverage on my old phone I can't get on my U700. I actually stood under a phone tower and could get 3G coverage. MY phone came with this really horrible internet, Maxis 3G which sucks. I cant get onto the internet anywhere and I change my mode to 2.5G internet but the internet still doesn't load. I have trouble receiving multimedia messeges, bluetooth and I cant sign onto aim. Though the camera is great for the phone and I'm impressed by its weight and thinness. My manual does say SGH U700 and i know thats what i bought my phone looks different form how it looks in the picture t shows on this website.

NotHappy posted on Sep 24, 2007, 12:41 PM

3.6

Sucks

Once add to reject list, there is no way to remove them from the list. Mpeg4, real player.. yada yada.. can't even play files from my previous D900... whenever there are new version, it has to have some flaws.. D900 can't save message been sent automatically to sent items.. in U700 that's fix but still many flaws.. just the design if ya looking for features.. this is one phone ya might regrect.

phonegeek posted on Jul 23, 2007, 10:22 AM

Loving It

Very good phone, highly recommended for anyone. The features are very well integrated. Im also loving the design of the phone. Its going to be a while before anyone topples samsungs u700

Chris posted on Jul 23, 2007, 10:19 AM

This is actually one of the best slider phone if not the best to hit the market yet. The design is sleek and very sexy. This phone is also packed with a lot of great features.

Julien posted on Jul 10, 2007, 7:47 AM

5.4

great

this phone is good but i thhink the design is a bit dodgy but its ok but its very thin. its worth it. the features are ok but could have wi fi and it will be perfect!