Samsung Galaxy Tab User Reviews

8.5

kingstandup posted on Mar 29, 2012, 9:54 AM
Posts: 30; Member since: Oct 24, 2011

Simply the best.

kingstandup has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had the Samsung Galaxy Tab for nearly a year now and it has never disappointed me. The tablet selection when I bought this device wasn't as good or as large as it is today. Basically, I had the choice between this and the Apple iPad 2. I knew quite a few people who had the first generation iPad and I knew it was good quality. At that time, I didn't know a single other person who had the Galaxy Tab. But, I read up quite a bit on it and was impressed with the specs. I already owned an Android phone at the time, so I was already familiar with the OS. I also preferred the size of this device over the iPad, although know I am considering upgrading to the Galaxy 10.1 in order to get the latest version of Android. No rush on that though, because I still love my Galaxy Tab, also known as the original iPad contender.

Pros

• Excellent display.
  • Android!
  • Great build.

Cons

No Cons

s.mrabet posted on Nov 09, 2011, 6:08 AM
Posts: 147; Member since: Oct 26, 2011

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7

s.mrabet has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

After having it for a year now, I would like to share my experience with this amazing Tablet.
It fits perfectly in the inside pocket of my jacket. its very light, sometimes I would forget it's im my pocket.

The Tab survived many falls from shoulder hight. not one scratch on the screen (no screen protector) Plastic is very solid. And it's very light!
In Holland its perfect, full 3G reception while laying in my bed. (other countries may differ)
I dont use my Tab for calls, but after testing it, very good quality.
Very smooth browsing using stock browser, or one of the many great choices in the Market.
Very smooth fullHD video playback, almost all codecs out-of-the-box!
(3.2MP) makes nice pictures
UI speed is heavily improved on Gingerbread(2.3)
Many different apps for input (text/voice)
7'' 1024x600 is very crisp
Battery life was not very good on Froyo(2.2) But now on Gingerbread (2.3) its Perfect!

Pros

• Good display/resolution
  • Size (Pocketable)
  • Multimedia
  • Micro-SD card slot
  • Very light and thin
  • 2 camera's

Cons

• No usb-host
  • No hdmi

vivek.ray posted on Apr 08, 2011, 12:51 PM
Posts: 22; Member since: Apr 08, 2011

Good H/W bad TouchWiz

vivek.ray has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Well got it on new year and its good I mean really good . People going crazy about all those dual-cores and 1080p should have a look at it coz at the end of the day u wont be watching full hd video on ur portable tablets and neither spend all time on internet using tablet.

Its good , upto the mark and is bang for buck . Must buy

Pros

• Build quality
  • screen
  • portability
  • nice diary cover
  • Rock stable when installing new kernels etc.
  • price

Cons

• bad consistency in maintaining data network over 3G
  • default text input
  • smudge magnet screen
  • unstable UI
  • feeble speakers
  • no upgrade till now to be seen

Dhiren posted on Feb 18, 2011, 6:30 AM

Samsung Galaxy Tab

Dhiren has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Its a good cell,good display, very good UI, camera should have been atleast 5mp, If its in your pocket and you are travelling in a train or a bus then the calls drop frequently, brilliant Battery life infact it lasted for three days and mobile data connection was continuosly on with 6 hours of wifi on.expecting a 2.3 gingerbird update. very large cant fit in a tight jeans.Very good build quality as i dropped it in the train and around 10 people ran over it but it was as the same.